Daily Check In July 27, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In July 27, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

snowangel729 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:12 pm Hi Yall!

I have been super busy lately. I started my practicum back in May so I have been working full time, seeing clients for my practicum, and doing my classes. It has been a little much. I feel I am not getting enough cleaning or cooking done but I am averaging about 60 hours of work between everything. Next week we go on vacation for three days so I am pretty excited about it.

Frugally, I am not doing whole lot which is bad on me haha. I need to get back in shape with my frugal habits. I am staying home more and not going out to do things with my kid so there is that.

Snowangel
Snowangel so good to hear from you. Wow you are one busy Mama.. Good luck with your practicum. Sounds like lot of work but I know you can do it. Sometimes you have to let some things go and chose what is most important. A friend of mine was a working mother of 6. She still tried to keep up with things and do her homey things. She had her usual Christmas trim a tree party. We were greeted at the door with Merry Christmas. Welcome to my home. Then she announced she had two choices cook or clean. She cleaned and then she proceeded to hand each of us a recipe to cook. The ladies were all in the kitchen talking, laughing, and cooking and the guys were in the family room putting the tree up and putting the lights on. It was one of the best Christmas parties I have ever been to. Good luck with your future endeavors.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. After this week, I get to go back to my building to work. So on Friday I have to pack up my computer and haul it back up there.

This morning I was at my building for the one morning a week I am allowed to go there right now. I was pushing mini-fridges around on a furniture float. Those things are heavier than they look: my hair was dripping sweat by the time it was finished. But I think we finally have things arranged so that everyone has a good fridge. Also re-arranged the office furniture again so that nothing upholstered is under the leak in the ceiling.

DH and I both need car repairs. His is $1,400 and somewhat urgent. Mine is probably about $250 and mostly annoying, although eventually the electronic door lock will stop working. It is turning into an expensive week.

Hope you all have a peaceful afternoon.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I know I have unlimited data and I have no idea how to make my cell phone a hotspot
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Need to leave in about 30 minutes for a meeting about our houseboat trip. Not too much exciting. I did a couple of loads of laundry since I will not be home on my usual laundry day. DS2 will be here tonight. I am having him sleep in the spare room/my office. He will be up and out before I start work and I will only invade the space tomorrow.

Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Clem, you are so smart! I didn't know about hot spots...looked it up an viola I am able to use my laptop!

I have unlimited data but... if I use too much it may slow my processes. I am just so thankful to be able to use it. I feel silly being so tethered to my computer but I felt upset not being able to . Silly I know :roll:

I think I have discovered the issue with my landline...I have a wire sticking out and pretty sure it is not supposed to LOL...squirrels ???
Oh well he will be here tomorrow.

Made tuna salad and boiled eggs..salad with everything on it for supper.

Off to catch up
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:32 pm Update:

Clem, you are so smart! I didn't know about hot spots...looked it up an viola I am able to use my laptop!

I have unlimited data but... if I use too much it may slow my processes. I am just so thankful to be able to use it. I feel silly being so tethered to my computer but I felt upset not being able to . Silly I know :roll:

I think I have discovered the issue with my landline...I have a wire sticking out and pretty sure it is not supposed to LOL...squirrels ???
Oh well he will be here tomorrow.

Made tuna salad and boiled eggs..salad with everything on it for supper.

Off to catch up
JCKitty
It really is amazing how much we all depend on our computers for information, social interaction, and fun.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/