Daily Check in July 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 28, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
Status quo here. Like a co-worker said, working tickets and attending meetings.

But it is my Friday, DS was here and brought me donuts.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in July 28, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m in the parking lot of a different Publix and torrential rain is coming down and thunder and lightning are nearby. I should have checked the radar before leaving home but thought I was early enough to avoid the heavy storms. I’m after - what else - cat food. I think it will let up in another 10 minutes or so.

Quiet day at home for the most part. I fed Pippi at 5:45 and then went back to sleep until almost 8.

I received the disposable masks I ordered. I’m happy to have them on hand. Our governor and lovely Legislature passed a law in the Spring that prevents any Florida county or city from passing a mask mandate so it is up to businesses and us. It is also against the law for a business to require customers and patrons be vaccinated. For some, Florida is paradise I guess.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Nothing new here.

I have been taking advantage of the hot dry weather and washing throws and bed linens to hang on the clotheslines in the garage. Today the heat index is supposed to go up to around (110 F) ( 43.33 C).

Have a good and frugal day everyone
Janet Alliesmama
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Good Morning! I usually read at night and don't do a daily check in. I decided to make time to check in. I need to do this more often. A quick check in keeps me on track. It is a fall feeling 63 degrees this morning. I'm waiting for the dew to dry so that I can pick blueberries and wee some in the garden. I have been redoing my daughter's old room( was painted John Deere green and yellow) into exercise/play room of DH and I. We're outdoor people much of the time. Water sports, snowmobiling, hiking, camping... I painted the ceiling and walls last week. The walls are the color of the Caribbean Sea. They look great against the newly painted white ceiling. We have a whitish bookcase, dresser, desk and chair that I want to paint all the same white for the room. The small desk and chair will probably be used by me to teach from home sometime this coming school year. I have a feeling we might be out of the school building at times with a coming rise in Covid numbers.

Today's chores- work on removing the paint that bled off that through the painters tape onto the molding, pick blueberries, weed garden, sweep, dust living room, exercise and stretch.

I plan on grilled Asian chicken with spicy peanut and broccoli noodles for dinner. Lunch will be a sandwich.

Take care everyone.
JGomez
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I have been on the cell phone forever with the landine provider...no worker and when I called they can't find the date they told me he would be here and they didn't have my contact number and this after I gave it to them at least 3 times. I have been off and on hold for an hour. She is supposed to contact me soon with some info. This is the reason I want to drop the landline as soon as I can get internet from my cell provider...waiting on them to get the fiber in place for my area.

We had a pop up shower earlier so no mowing until it dries out a bit.

I am dressed, and ready for the day but feel in Limbo until I know what is going on..
Off to do something while waiting.

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have showered and dressed, I have a dress wash in the dryer. I finished loading and set off the dishwasher. I to emptied the dish drainer and washed the hand dishes.

I finished a tiny stuffed bunny yesterday. It didn’t come out the way I hoped mostly because I didn’t cut it out properly as the paper pattern slipped. I did discover that I do have a empty water bottle. So I made templates of both the bunny and the Scotty dog this morning.

I also set up the new medical app for my Doctors office. I used it once, but since they changed the app they are using I needed to set it up.

Penny