Daily Check in July 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jgomez1002

Re: Daily Check in July 28, 2021

Post by jgomez1002 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:17 pm Good afternoon fellow frugalites,

I had thought that I checked in this morning, but guess I didn't.

Anyhow this has been the usual wash, rinse and repeat kind of day. While not as hot as yesterday, being outside is still uncomfortable, so I have been staying inside and enjoying the cool of the air conditioner. I will need to be out tomorrow, but hopefully it will be cooler yet.

I made raspberry jam after supper last night, and today I made a Blueberry Glazed Pie. Did the usual Wednesday household tasks, and instead of cross stitch (my eyes are still bothering me from the drops yesterday) worked on my knitting.

Tomorrow is shopping and then later in the evening I will head down to my friends and pick more raspberries. These will be frozen to be used in the winter, but I am hoping to pick enough to try a pie recipe I found in addition to enough for freezing.

I also plan on picking up blue berries at the grocery. They are on sale once again and I love having some frozen for pies and such during the winter.

Everybody have a great evening. Take care.
[/quote/]

What is a blueberry glazed Pie?

Regards,
JGomez
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in July 28, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

jgomez1002 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:26 am
I put the recipe in the recipe thread. We love this pie, but it is so decadent and rich I only make one every so often (perhaps once every two or three months). You can use fresh or frozen berries to make this as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/