Daily Check in July 28, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check in July 28, 2021

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

dogs walked, dogs feed.

Laundry, in dryer, the things that can't be hung.

waiting for DH to get ready it's going to be hot today, so we are going to breakfast
Macdonalds, eat in car, mask on while ordering of course.

Have a great day

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

woah had a busy evening. Our little town will be in the news again - :mrgreen:

What can you do. We just watch and try to get things changed

They had a budget meeting yesterday and they called our "new" library a Dead Asset. What the heck. A library is not supposed to be money maker for the city.

I'm a member of the library club and it just ticked me off!! But looks like that has been stopped for now.

I've done the usual pet stuff and also laundry. I hung my shirts out on the line. They dry really fast in this warm air.

Have a great day all
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jgomez1002 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:12 am Good Morning! I usually read at night and don't do a daily check in. I decided to make time to check in. I need to do this more often. A quick check in keeps me on track. It is a fall feeling 63 degrees this morning. I'm waiting for the dew to dry so that I can pick blueberries and wee some in the garden. I have been redoing my daughter's old room( was painted John Deere green and yellow) into exercise/play room of DH and I. We're outdoor people much of the time. Water sports, snowmobiling, hiking, camping... I painted the ceiling and walls last week. The walls are the color of the Caribbean Sea. They look great against the newly painted white ceiling. We have a whitish bookcase, dresser, desk and chair that I want to paint all the same white for the room. The small desk and chair will probably be used by me to teach from home sometime this coming school year. I have a feeling we might be out of the school building at times with a coming rise in Covid numbers.

Today's chores- work on removing the paint that bled off that through the painters tape onto the molding, pick blueberries, weed garden, sweep, dust living room, exercise and stretch.

I plan on grilled Asian chicken with spicy peanut and broccoli noodles for dinner. Lunch will be a sandwich.

Take care everyone.
JGomez
JGomez I love your color combinations. Yum on your Asian chicken.. Enjoy!
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 pm Good afternoon all

woah had a busy evening. Our little town will be in the news again - :mrgreen:

What can you do. We just watch and try to get things changed

They had a budget meeting yesterday and they called our "new" library a Dead Asset. What the heck. A library is not supposed to be money maker for the city.

I'm a member of the library club and it just ticked me off!! But looks like that has been stopped for now.

I've done the usual pet stuff and also laundry. I hung my shirts out on the line. They dry really fast in this warm air.

Have a great day all
"They had a budget meeting yesterday and they called our "new" library a Dead Asset. What the heck. A library is not supposed to be money maker for the city.

I'm a member of the library club and it just ticked me off!! But looks like that has been stopped for now. "

kind of scary to hear about uneducated and unaware of everything that libraries stand for and do for the community.

Our library was so busy during this Covid time, giving out "hot Spots" having vertical activities for the kids. I cold go on and on.

Keeping up our book club ect.

In the 1960's I loved my bookmobile. books brought right to my neighborhood

OMG!!! what are some people thinking???

IC
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good afternoon fellow frugalites,

I had thought that I checked in this morning, but guess I didn't.

Anyhow this has been the usual wash, rinse and repeat kind of day. While not as hot as yesterday, being outside is still uncomfortable, so I have been staying inside and enjoying the cool of the air conditioner. I will need to be out tomorrow, but hopefully it will be cooler yet.

I made raspberry jam after supper last night, and today I made a Blueberry Glazed Pie. Did the usual Wednesday household tasks, and instead of cross stitch (my eyes are still bothering me from the drops yesterday) worked on my knitting.

Tomorrow is shopping and then later in the evening I will head down to my friends and pick more raspberries. These will be frozen to be used in the winter, but I am hoping to pick enough to try a pie recipe I found in addition to enough for freezing.

I also plan on picking up blue berries at the grocery. They are on sale once again and I love having some frozen for pies and such during the winter.

Everybody have a great evening. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Still nothing from my landline provider,,, makes me that much more sure that getting rid of it is the way to go. I just have to talk myself into it and take the plunge.

The weather here today has just been awful...oppressive humidity along with the heat. I have stayed busy but it hasn't been easy. It's not that I couldn't deep clean something, I just really didn't want to...days like this I really just want to lay around and read. Then I feel guilty because I could be ripping into something and deep cleaning.

Going to make a DG list for tomorrow, need the mix ins for my dog's food...he is so spoiled but I love him LOL
Might also stop at the Mexican bakery...need a treat :roll: I like going there because I can just 1 of whatever I want...
Pork burger and pickled beets for supper....might make some toffee

JCKitty