Daily Check In July 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 29, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off and as the coffee pot is done, grabbing a cup. Will be right back.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 29, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in today and will pay for it with rushing around. Stayed up too late and will now pay for it with a need to get things completed faster than I planned.

We have a very small baby rabbit in our backyard. It lets me get so close and then flits into the garden. I think I could hold the little thing in the cup of my hands. Really cute, but will be a terror on the garden. It will be another catch and release kind of thing. Second one in two years now.

Household tasks today are a minimum. I need to sweep the floor, water my plants, and that is pretty much it. However it is errand day and I need to go to the bank for our allowances, grocery shop, and pick up some flowers to change out the ones already on our little angels resting place. Then hopefully it will be off to pick raspberries a bit later. As you can see not a really busy day at all. However I likely will not be cross stitching until tomorrow.

Jgomez asked me what a blueberry glazed pie is and since it is a bit hard to explain I will post my recipe in the correct thread here on the forum.

Other than the errands and picking the raspberries my day is rather boring.

Supper tonight is going to be the last container of Hamburger soup and some egg salad sandwiches.

Today I am grateful for a bit of a cool down yet again today. However temperatures are on the rise again tomorrow.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Jackie and everyone.

Again nothing much going on here. We are supposed to hit a heat index of about (111 F) to (112 F) (43.88 C) to (44.44 C) this afternoon so it is a good day to stay home and stay inside. Then thunderstorms move in late tonight with some of them being severe. However they will bring in cooler temps. I have already put some botanicals in Teddi's water to try to mellow him out before the storms hit.

We are almost to the end of July. Not sure how the rest of you feel but I feel like this month and the entire year has flown by.

I have been working on my projected budget for the entire year and see the unanticipated cost for my trip to Mexico will not be a problem. What a relief. I am actually saving money and coming in under budget in several areas ie water and utilities. There are few areas of my budget that are not written in stone and they are two of them and the other is groceries. I plan on increasing my food stockpile in anticipation of price increases as well as possible shortages.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

A quiet day here. My kids are away for a few days...so I have their dogs.
Expecting thunderstorms..but these two don't seem to mind it.
Time to work on some new dinner ideas. I just don't know what to cook anymore.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
Spent the AM chatting with my landline provider, they LOST my repair ticket!!!
now they are scheduled for Monday. I am having it repaired, calling for a discount on my bill and then discontinuing my service.
I just have to convince myself that I feel "safe" without it.... it's the 911 service I do not want to be without, supposedly my cell phone will cover all that and I have never had to use it so at this point its just a mind thing.
I have to figure out how to pay bills on the cell.... only 3 bills so shouldn't be that bad. I am so behind the times....I feel like a dinosaur. and I just had new checks printed with my landline number :(

It rained again over night, and we are supposed to get storms with the possibility of high winds.
I need to do house chores and make dog food.
I was going to go to the DG but not feeling it...too frustrated.
Off to get something done,

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I slept very late this morning. I didn’t get up until after 7 am.

I did bake pumpkin muffins, but not for breakfast. They are cooling now, I will freeze them.

Yesterday I cut out a plastic template for the bunny, I still need to cut out the scottie.

I will be making one of each, before I decide to make more. I still need to turn right side out the tiny dolls.

Penny