Daily Check In July 29, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In July 29, 2021

Post by LWolfT »

jckitty wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:02 am Hello all,
Spent the AM chatting with my landline provider, they LOST my repair ticket!!!
now they are scheduled for Monday. I am having it repaired, calling for a discount on my bill and then discontinuing my service.
I just have to convince myself that I feel "safe" without it.... it's the 911 service I do not want to be without, supposedly my cell phone will cover all that and I have never had to use it so at this point its just a mind thing.
I have to figure out how to pay bills on the cell.... only 3 bills so shouldn't be that bad. I am so behind the times....I feel like a dinosaur. and I just had new checks printed with my landline number :(

It rained again over night, and we are supposed to get storms with the possibility of high winds.
I need to do house chores and make dog food.
I was going to go to the DG but not feeling it...too frustrated.
Off to get something done,

JCKitty
Are you giving up your internet service, too?
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning - it isn't noon yet

I stayed up way too late last night, but I did nap in the late afternoon, so wasn't sleepy.

Got up at 9am. Pups have been out several times. I've already done some chores. Showered, dressed and put on light makeup

Have to go to the store later - need bread and one other thing - can't remember. Hate that when i can't remember - lol

coffee creamer probably

My sister is still in the hospital. But she is in good spirits. Think she likes it there. She gets to rest, gets fed the right foods, can watch TV all she wants. For some reason she feels really guilty about watching TV at home - weird.

I'll have to stop by her house and feed her pets.

hope all have a great day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Wolf,
I am using my cell phone as a hot spot, I have unlimited data.
I am so over it with my landline provider, I am paying 93.00 a month for it and their service is just horrible. I have Frontier....used to be Verizon. I have had my landline for over 40 years...
Frontier refuses to replace their very outdated equipment and it is constantly breaking down. I hope to eventually be able to bundle TV, and cell, but am waiting to get availability out here in the sticks.

JCKitty
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Clem,

My mom liked her "little vacations" when she had to recoup in the rehab-nursing home. She could watch her TV shows, order what she wanted to eat when she wanted to eat it and she was a very sociable person, knew a lot of people...played bingo and participated in whatever was going on. After 3 weeks or so she was ready to come home LOL

Of course we were there every day, she was always wanting us to eat or bingo with her LOL
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m home from having lunch with a friend. I had not seen her since before the pandemic except briefly when we both attended our former co-worker’s book launch event. Then I went to Publix to pick up two Rx and get my second pneumonia shot. I got my first pneumonia shot back in Jan. 2020 and the second one is supposed to be a year later. That was right at the time of the first Covid vaccine chaos plus I didn’t want to get this pneumonia shot close to the Covid vaccine. Most likely I won’t need another pneumonia shot the rest of my life. Next I want to get a tetanus shot. I haven’t had one for many years and when Pippi bit me hard a few weeks ago it made me think of my lack of a tetanus shot.

I went to mom’s house and put out the two bags of yard debris from a few days ago. It looks like it is going to storm so I didn’t stay to do more in the yard.

Yesterday my much-beloved GE alarm clock that I’ve had since at least 1980 stopped working. I don’t like digital clocks with the bright numbers. I remembered that there was an old-fashioned alarm clock in mom’s back bedroom. It is also a GE and was still keeping good time. So I’ll set that up in my bedroom and hope it lasts another decade 🙂.

Have a good day.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

It’s been quite a while since I last checked in. Each day kind of melds into the other and sometimes I think I have nothing interesting to share. Today was also quite routine with plant watering and my usual daily walk. I did make a grocery run to NoFrills as I have a craving for eggplant parmigiana. I needed some ingredients, namely the eggplant. I will make it tomorrow and press the easy button tonight with leftovers and fresh corn on the cob. I didn’t get my dearly loved cherries as they were $3.97/pound. The Rainer cherries were $9.99/pound! Unbelievable that anyone would buy them at that price!

I have been enjoying watching the Olympic events but feel badly for the athletes as they are really not getting the full Olympic experience and are unable to do any sightseeing. It’s difficult to comprehend why less than 25% of Japan’s population has received the vaccine especially since they knew they were hosting the Olympics. It’s not like they’re an underdeveloped, third world nation.

I am extremely upset because Dh does not feel safe with Dd1 returning home for a visit from Denver. He is being adamant about it and needless to say all the rest of the family is upset. I think now is safer than it might be in a long time especially with Dd1 having to return to in person teaching. We’re all fully vaccinated. I made it clear to him I am not willing to wait another year and whether things improve or not, I will fly to Denver for American Thanksgiving if travel is still permitted. I was so looking forward to seeing her again. Mental health is important too and Dd1 is devastated.

We are in dire need of rain and some of the farmers around here are really feeling the pinch. The forest fire situation is not improving either and we have frequent air quality advisories. Fortunately we have no problem with getting adequate water from our city with Lake Superior in our backyard. Received our first electricity bill since we started using air conditioning and our consumption has definitely increased.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative