Daily Check In July 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 30, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Since no one has started yet, welcome to a new day. Off to get coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 30, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Managed to have a lovely sleep last night, and now I will be rushing to get things done. I really do feel like I have some form of OCD, not a neatness type or having to do the same thing (like touching a light switch 10 times before turning it on), but if I have written it on a list to be done it needs to be done!!! If I don't get the task completed, well I almost feel as if I accomplished nothing for the day. Weird, right?

Anyhow today is dusting, vacuuming, and a tidy of the living room day. We will at some point be gone to visit our little angel. Do a clean up, exchange the flowers, and say a prayer or two.

After that it will be home and perhaps a visit to a couple of appliance stores, though that could even wait until tomorrow, after I have done a bit of research into brands and the costs involved.

Later this evening I plan on picking kale (and visiting with our new resident bunny) and perhaps getting Hubby to dig under a potato plant for some new potatoes. Looking forward to potatoes and cream.

Blueberries and raspberries are frozen, and once again I will be putting the dehydrator out and working on my herbs. Sage needs trimming, the mint is once again growing wildly and in need of a haircut. The oregano and basil will need trimming in a day or so. Just the poor thyme, taking it's time to get going enough for me to trim her down.

I thought perhaps our youngest DS would make the trip down considering it is the long weekend, but he decided to stay where he is. Well at least I do not have to change the menu around. Perhaps we will go up and see him sometime this coming week, do a bit of shopping, go out for supper (or a very late lunch) and see how he is doing.

Supper tonight is salmon patties, creamed potatoes, and a salad.

Today I am grateful that I am not as achy as I was the day after picking raspberries the first time.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Jackie and everyone.

We had a series of wicket storms roll through here last night around 8:00 PM through 11:30 PM. This morning one area of my front yard is covered in huge limbs. I jumped in to my clothes to go out to check the road for debris but thankfully all of the limbs came down in my yard. The trees affected slightly lean towards my yard so that is good. We are supposed to have off and on storms for today and in to the week-end. At least the storms have brought in cooler air. Teddi had some rough moments despite the botanicals. However I gave him a couple of doses over a period of time and he finally settled down. I need to go outside and check the roof lines from all angles. My new roof is supposed to withstand winds up to 135 mph but you just never know.. Also need to check the back of the house for downed limbs. Not much else planned except for cooking.

Like Jackie for dinner am going to have salmon patties, coleslaw, and a mini bowl of potato salad. Lunch will be egg salad.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

(((Jackie))), thinking of you.

Janet, I have some limbs down also...but because I have had all of the dead ash trees taken out at least i don't have to worry about whole trees coming down...or at least as easily.
I have laundry hung, and the robo-vac running.
Made dog food yesterday, used a free to me pork roast....I have tried cooking it for us to eat but so dry unless I make it into pulled pork with BBQ sauce and I have had enough of that for awhile LOL.

Not much else going on around here, birthday party for the youngest grand on Sunday. I am giving cash and we will make a shopping trip for her to buy stuff for school.

I need to make some more zucchini bread today....and I have plenty of zucchini to use! Tis the season LOL

JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Jackie, I know it is emotional when you visit your little angel. (((Hugs)))

Pippi and I are home from her vet appointment. I don’t think she is feeling great today and she did not eat much breakfast. I gave her almost a 1/2 sedative so they could get the Mirataz appetite enhancer on her ear. On our last visit the nurse couldn’t get it on her. I had a restless night.

I’m OCD but not about lists. For me it is my monthly budget. It is crazy because I know that my very small pension and the amount I take from my 401k barely covers my basic expenses. When something unexpected occurs - Rx cost greater than expected yesterday plus I forgot that my car registration is due - I look for how to cover the shortfall basically by “borrowing” from my checking account cushion. Why don’t I take a bit more from my 401k each month? I don’t know.

I have really enjoyed the Olympics so far. Now that the track and field are starting, however, I’ll probably watch less.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

I slept well last night and didn't get up until after 9

Haven't done much today. Just finished watering my tomatoes. Still have some on the vine. Going to see if the others start putting out new vines.

Very warm outside. Almost August - time is flying by

I've had my oatmeal now wondering what to eat for late lunch/early dinner.

Hope all have a great day - hang in there!!