Daily Check In July 30, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In July 30, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

jckitty wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:04 pm Update:
I mowed the house area of my yard, I still need to do the front acre...probably tomorrow . I needed to pick up limbs first so I did that also.
i had the youngest grand this afternoon while prego went to the doctor...she goes in Monday to be induced/started so we may have a baby either Monday eve or Tuesday morning. She has requested that extended family wait to go see the new one until youngest grand has met her new sister first...I think that is a wonderful idea.
New baby has reached 6 pounds and doc is trying to work with the blood pressure issues for the best health of both.
The thought of new baby has had me very emotional....I know my parents would be so proud to have another baby in the family.

We have been told to mask up again in Indiana but it isn't mandated, but they are leaving it up to the individual schools to issue their own mask mandate...kind of confusing.
Salad and baked potato for supper.

JCKitty
Kitty....I am so relieved your daughter has a six pounder! MUCH safer!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:06 pm Sibling is still in the hospital.

She is doing better and should be released by Monday. Her heart doctor will be out of town this weekend, so didn't want her going home when he is not around. And it is better to stay where they are taking good care of her

What was strange was that her son had to take home all the items she brought with her. The extra clothing we packed, her makeup etc - even her money. Guess cuz of Covid - the hospital doesn't want any outside germy stuff around?? Who knows. She feels lost without her minimal makeup.
Hope she gets to go home Monday..but good idea to wait til her Dr. is back.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 pm Maybe the hospital is anticipating they might need to move your sister’s room because of an influx of new patients and they don’t want to worry about moving her things. Just an idea.

The friend I lunched with yesterday has a longtime live-in boyfriend with heart issues similar to your sister. He is retaining fluids and has been told to drastically restrict salt and limit drinking water/fluids. My friend, who is a good cook, is going nuts trying to find things for him to eat. They always went out to eat once a week but that has stopped now. Hearing her really made me think of your sister. Your sister is still in my prayers.
There is a service called Mom's Meals that makes food according to health requirements. It is delivered once a week or so. You order online. This diet thing for this is very restrictive. Water intake has to be monitored and that include the food you eat. We will see what happens.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:15 pm Maybe the hospital is anticipating they might need to move your sister’s room because of an influx of new patients and they don’t want to worry about moving her things. Just an idea.

The friend I lunched with yesterday has a longtime live-in boyfriend with heart issues similar to your sister. He is retaining fluids and has been told to drastically restrict salt and limit drinking water/fluids. My friend, who is a good cook, is going nuts trying to find things for him to eat. They always went out to eat once a week but that has stopped now. Hearing her really made me think of your sister. Your sister is still in my prayers.
and yes - there is already a COVID floor in her hospital - scary.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

oh and catlover - it is not only fluids you drink, but have to monitor the foods you eat. The last time she was in there she had eaten lots of watermelon. Liquids in foods have to be considered also - can be difficult.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had my hair cut this morning. For the first time in a long time, I needed to shower afterwards. My back was itchy from tiny hairs.

I also wet my hair and let it dry naturally of course in my opinion It looks better than the contrived style she blew it dry into. I just don't like hair on my face. She pulls it all to the front. I tend to comb it back to dry.

I fixed a friends mask. I told her if it didn't fit I would adjust it for her.

Penny