Daily Check In July 31, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In July 31, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Since I made oodles of errors typing my reply to Bev, and have made quite a few here, off to get coffee. Back when fingers work properly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In July 31, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I just can not believe that this is the third or is it fourth morning in a row that I have slept in. Something is happening.....

Anyhow, not an awful lot of work needs to be done today. Mostly the floors swept, and month end paperwork to be done. Oh yes, dishes put away from the dishwasher. Hmmm, just remembered I need to pick kale also.

A lazy day here and one that I will continue to work on my cross stitch project. It won't be finished this month (along with the rug project) but hopefully next month at some point.

Supper tonight is going to be pork chops, corn on the cob, and kale salad. Lots of berries in the fridge for dessert as well. My new favourite dessert is vanilla ice cream, raspberries and just a touch of chocolate sauce...so very good.

Today I am grateful that the garden is finally producing a little bit.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. We had a storm roll through here earlier and Teddi did well. We are expecting storms off and on all morning some might be severe.. Right now is is a lovely cool (68 F) (20 C). I have some windows and doors open. Not going to bother with all of them due to my weather app states "rain coming soon."

It is hard to believe this is the end of July. This month and the year has flown by. Yesterday I went out twice to clip overgrown limbs and weeds boarding the back of my house. I also clipped a lot of the lower branches off of some of the oak trees in the back. When my neighbor cuts my grass back there I am sure they were low enough to get in her face and she would have to hold them up to go under. After resting a few hours I went out and made two trips to the burn pile using a tarp. My new goal is to go out at least twice daily for 10 min and work on the weeds. This afternoon it is supposed to be nice and no rain so I will go out and pick up the multiple twigs and smaller branches that were blown down during the storm the other night. My neighbor is going to come over and cut up the larger branches. There is no way I can drag them to the burn pile they are too big.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Can't believe tomorrow is August!
Beautiful day here...going for a long bike ride.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well, my sister is finally on her way back home. She left around 7:30 and told me she would probably drive for 6 hours and then stop. If it were me and planning on driving 6 hours a day, I'd probably drive for 3, stop for an hour and then drive another 3. But then that's me. Although she will have to stop for gas a couple of times I would think.

I do give her credit though; not sure I'd want to drive a 1300 mile trip on my own. I'm truly sorry I couldn't get down there (I did offer over a half dozen times) but this virus is really bad in Florida and I am not comfortable with air travel yet.

I can't wait for her to get here and then I'll probably regret it later, LOL. But she is my only sibling and I want to see her at a point in her life when she can finally say she's happy . . . at least I'm hoping she can get herself to that point. She had mentioned the possibility of her getting a part time job if she can while she waits which would probably be a good thing, but she has to make sure she doesn't push her income level past the maximum subsidized allowance or she's stuck for good when she stopped working because she needs income based housing.

She got a letter from the housing authorities in Bergen County (she didn't realize she had made the list back in September of last year) with a status report that she is number 38 on the wait list for a studio apartment and 211 for a one bedroom. She would, of course, liked to have been able to move right into a place of her own, but she knew that wasn't going to be an option this time around.

I've been doing the last minute "extra" cleaning in my kitchen, things like cleaning the light switch, sink knobs (surprised at the build up of grease on them that I never noticed before), changed the burner bibs on the stove, etc.

I made the space for her tv and put together a new stand for it. It will stick out about 1-1/2" on the sides of the stand, but I don't have the space for a larger one right now. I have my armoire on one side and my other tvs (the big furniture styled one that doesn't work and is my stand for the 20+ year old tube RCA (still in excellent playing condition) which I now use for when I play my DVD's. One of these days I will get rid of the eyesore, but probably not until the tv dies.

Well I'm going to go for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Today is going to be beautiful so I want to get outside for a while and will maybe take a trip down to the park by the water later.

Stay safe.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:38 am Good morning all.

Well, my sister is finally on her way back home. She left around 7:30 and told me she would probably drive for 6 hours and then stop. If it were me and planning on driving 6 hours a day, I'd probably drive for 3, stop for an hour and then drive another 3. But then that's me. Although she will have to stop for gas a couple of times I would think.

I do give her credit though; not sure I'd want to drive a 1300 mile trip on my own. I'm truly sorry I couldn't get down there (I did offer over a half dozen times) but this virus is really bad in Florida and I am not comfortable with air travel yet.

I can't wait for her to get here and then I'll probably regret it later, LOL. But she is my only sibling and I want to see her at a point in her life when she can finally say she's happy . . . at least I'm hoping she can get herself to that point. She had mentioned the possibility of her getting a part time job if she can while she waits which would probably be a good thing, but she has to make sure she doesn't push her income level past the maximum subsidized allowance or she's stuck for good when she stopped working because she needs income based housing.

She got a letter from the housing authorities in Bergen County (she didn't realize she had made the list back in September of last year) with a status report that she is number 38 on the wait list for a studio apartment and 211 for a one bedroom. She would, of course, liked to have been able to move right into a place of her own, but she knew that wasn't going to be an option this time around.

I've been doing the last minute "extra" cleaning in my kitchen, things like cleaning the light switch, sink knobs (surprised at the build up of grease on them that I never noticed before), changed the burner bibs on the stove, etc.

I made the space for her tv and put together a new stand for it. It will stick out about 1-1/2" on the sides of the stand, but I don't have the space for a larger one right now. I have my armoire on one side and my other tvs (the big furniture styled one that doesn't work and is my stand for the 20+ year old tube RCA (still in excellent playing condition) which I now use for when I play my DVD's. One of these days I will get rid of the eyesore, but probably not until the tv dies.

Well I'm going to go for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Today is going to be beautiful so I want to get outside for a while and will maybe take a trip down to the park by the water later.

Stay safe.
Logics I hope your DS has a safe drive and have said a prayer for her. I do hope things work out well for her and you.
Janet Alliesmama