Daily Check In July 31, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In July 31, 2021

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!!

Je suis perdu pour un petite temp!! oops!

This week, while "missing" I have spent watching the Olympics and goofing around. I've gotten a few shopping trips in for small things. Did it mostly to get out of the house. My grocery store isn't too far from my place so doesn't use a lot of gas in the van to get there.

I got my haircut at the cosmetology school in town. It looks fabulous! The cut is only $11.00 and I always give a $5.00 tip for the student that cuts my hair. They work and fret about how well they are doing. The instructor has been checking my haircuts for about 20 years! I never leave unhappy. For $16.00 every three months? It's a great price. AND I am so happy to be rid of that gawdawful pandemic hair!!

On Thursday and Friday, I went and got Zoe and the kids and then dropped them off at my alma matter, Brandon University. Every summer they have a Mini U Camp for kids where they do science and other cook stuff. Then Zoe and I had to lovely coffees after dropping them off.

John asked yesterday if I might want to babysit full-time for the remainder of summer. I was, whatever you need to help, I'll be there!! They are still allowing me to keep the Van (even though I shamefully ran it into that telephone pole! UGH!!). This way they can get me to their end of town without the trip to get me and all that jazz. I live on the "start" of 26th Street and they live just about 8 blocks off of the very south end of 26th Street so it is a straight trip pretty much. Right now? I've been groaning along with Zoe as there is so much road construction and they have 26th Street closed right in the middle of our trip. Now we have to detour around to 18th Street or 34th Street and double back on roads that are ALSO under construction. Autumn, Winter, spring, Construction season!! LOL

Today's plans include unloading and loading the dishwasher, laundry, and making a batch of Saskatoon muffins. I thought I'd make them earlier in the week but I had to go buy milk. I don't drink milk so buying it for recipes seems like a waste unless I use it all up cooking or maybe I could make some more iced coffee around here.

That's the skinny from around here! Back to the Olympics and I need to make some "wake me up" coffee!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by floridacatlover » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:21 am

itspennyc wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:10 am
I got a text that everything on my list was available. The delivery is scheduled for 9:30 - 10:30 am.

My shopping helper has symptoms of possible COVID. So she texted me yesterday about noon. I placed my order by bedtime. She is getting tested today. She is fully vaccinated.

The dish drainer and dishwasher both need to be emptied.

I have a dress was in the washer ready to go into the washer.

Penny

Stay safe, Penny, if you will be in contact with your shopping helper. I know you are very careful.
I will not be in physical contact with my shopping helper until or unless she tests negative.

My groceries were delivered by H-E-B, they knock on the door and by the time I get there they are gone.

All the bags are just in front of my door. I bring them all in, then put the perishible items away then the shelf stable items. All I still have to put away are the tissues, and the T-Paper. I do keep more on hand now than I used to do. But since I no longer drive I feel I have to do so.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
I slept so hard last night and also slept in just a bit.
I have been up and trying to get stuff done before the predicted rain....I just finished mowing...looks so good.
I am stiff and sore from the mowing but that happens every time. Lots of walnuts have already fallen and the trees that usually shed leaves first are in fact shedding leaves.
Like Janet said...Yipppee for Fall! In spite of all of the rain we have had it still looks dry and dusty. I will admit to looking forward to Fall, my favorite season.

I need to get myself cleaned up for the day, and get busy in the house. Not too much to do but need to get started.
I do need to haul trash and recyclables. but will combine that with my next trip to town.
Off to get started on the next phase of my day.

JCKitty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!
Cloudy and cooler here ... did get a few drops of rain when I was going to the grocery.
Sitting on an ice pack for the moment ... my back is unhappy for some reason. Bad timing since we need to start emptying a bedroom. Getting some much-needed flooring installed on Monday. Though this has been/will be a good reason to declutter)

Otherwise, continuing worries about DH's elderly aunt and some other family matters. Though in reality, not a lot we can actually do about any of it.

Dinner ... not sure. Depends on what's thawed, unless DH wants to grill the sausages I bought. May be a good day to use the pears (found on markdown) for a cobbler.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Logics I am.hapoy your sus is on the list and the numbers round decent. Not sure of her age, but I make thousand mile cross country trips all the time. I stop every two and a half hours or so but that's as much because I need to pee or get gas cause I drink alot as anything else. I usually dona little walking and deep knee bends then rather than taking like an hour break.

Haven't been checking in much. More later.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:36 pm Hello all,
I slept so hard last night and also slept in just a bit.
I have been up and trying to get stuff done before the predicted rain....I just finished mowing...looks so good.
I am stiff and sore from the mowing but that happens every time. Lots of walnuts have already fallen and the trees that usually shed leaves first are in fact shedding leaves.
Like Janet said...Yipppee for Fall! In spite of all of the rain we have had it still looks dry and dusty. I will admit to looking forward to Fall, my favorite season.

I need to get myself cleaned up for the day, and get busy in the house. Not too much to do but need to get started.
I do need to haul trash and recyclables. but will combine that with my next trip to town.
Off to get started on the next phase of my day.

JCKitty
Kitty I noticed the other day that some of my bigger trees are already dropping leave here too. I was wondering what is going on.
Janet Alliesmama