Daily Check In July 31, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In July 31, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I got a text that everything on my list was available. The delivery is scheduled for 9:30 - 10:30 am.

My shopping helper has symptoms of possible COVID. So she texted me yesterday about noon. I placed my order by bedtime. She is getting tested today. She is fully vaccinated.

The dish drainer and dishwasher both need to be emptied.

I have a dress was in the washer ready to go into the washer.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:38 am Good morning all.

Well, my sister is finally on her way back home. She left around 7:30 and told me she would probably drive for 6 hours and then stop. If it were me and planning on driving 6 hours a day, I'd probably drive for 3, stop for an hour and then drive another 3. But then that's me. Although she will have to stop for gas a couple of times I would think.

I do give her credit though; not sure I'd want to drive a 1300 mile trip on my own. I'm truly sorry I couldn't get down there (I did offer over a half dozen times) but this virus is really bad in Florida and I am not comfortable with air travel yet.

I can't wait for her to get here and then I'll probably regret it later, LOL. But she is my only sibling and I want to see her at a point in her life when she can finally say she's happy . . . at least I'm hoping she can get herself to that point. She had mentioned the possibility of her getting a part time job if she can while she waits which would probably be a good thing, but she has to make sure she doesn't push her income level past the maximum subsidized allowance or she's stuck for good when she stopped working because she needs income based housing.

She got a letter from the housing authorities in Bergen County (she didn't realize she had made the list back in September of last year) with a status report that she is number 38 on the wait list for a studio apartment and 211 for a one bedroom. She would, of course, liked to have been able to move right into a place of her own, but she knew that wasn't going to be an option this time around.

I've been doing the last minute "extra" cleaning in my kitchen, things like cleaning the light switch, sink knobs (surprised at the build up of grease on them that I never noticed before), changed the burner bibs on the stove, etc.

I made the space for her tv and put together a new stand for it. It will stick out about 1-1/2" on the sides of the stand, but I don't have the space for a larger one right now. I have my armoire on one side and my other tvs (the big furniture styled one that doesn't work and is my stand for the 20+ year old tube RCA (still in excellent playing condition) which I now use for when I play my DVD's. One of these days I will get rid of the eyesore, but probably not until the tv dies.

Well I'm going to go for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Today is going to be beautiful so I want to get outside for a while and will maybe take a trip down to the park by the water later.

Stay safe.
Safe travels for your sister and good luck to you, Logics. We are here to listen if you need to vent frustrations as things go on. Number 38 on the waitlist for a studio doesn’t seem too bad. I wonder if she accepted the studio she could still remain on the waitlist for a one bedroom.
floridacatlover

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:10 am I got a text that everything on my list was available. The delivery is scheduled for 9:30 - 10:30 am.

My shopping helper has symptoms of possible COVID. So she texted me yesterday about noon. I placed my order by bedtime. She is getting tested today. She is fully vaccinated.

The dish drainer and dishwasher both need to be emptied.

I have a dress was in the washer ready to go into the washer.

Penny
Stay safe, Penny, if you will be in contact with your shopping helper. I know you are very careful.
floridacatlover

Hello friends.

Pippi started meowing and nuzzling me at 3 a.m. I did what I did a few days ago and led her outside the bedroom and closed the door. She does not meow at the door and like the other day, this morning she was on her downstairs bed when I got up at 7. She ate a good breakfast and seems good. And I am more rested than yesterday!

I am happy with my progress on paper decluttering. Most everything is decluttered and organized. I will work on the few things remaining today: one folder of mom’s medical bills, hanging file of paperwork for my uncle that needs to be labeled, box of receipts from mom’s house. The last item will take some work. I have organized the household repair/service receipts into “indoor” and “outdoor” folders plus there are separate folders for big things like a/c, roof, insurance. What’s left are documents from my parents building the house, such as the survey. (Some of the documents are in the safe deposit box.) Also, I know there are documents from our old house in Massachusetts.

As far as frugality, I had decided awhile ago to stop Netflix for awhile as of the next renewal in early August. I’m “thinking” of stopping AAA Motor Club after 30+ years. (This does not renew until Oct. 1.) Right now I have their “Plus” which is $95 and includes towing up to 100 miles. I could go down to “Basic” which is $59 but only 5 miles of towing. BUT, I already have State Farm Roadside Assistance as part of my car insurance. I’ve never used it. I don’t want to be penny wise and pound foolish so will think about it and ask friends what they use. My mom never in her life had AAA and mostly had crappy cars and she survived without it.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Slept okay and even stayed in bed until 930! One pup started whining, so we all had to get up.

Ive had my coffee, showered, dressed and just relaxing now

Already warm out there

One day closer to Winter!

Have a great day
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:26 am Good morning all

Slept okay and even stayed in bed until 930! One pup started whining, so we all had to get up.

Ive had my coffee, showered, dressed and just relaxing now

Already warm out there

One day closer to Winter!

Have a great day
Yippee!! One more day closer to winter.. although I love Fall the best.. so one day closer to Fall..
Janet Alliesmama