Daily Check In August 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In August 1, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, thank you. The ER determined he has good blood flow in the leg, so the swelling is a mystery. He was given some pain medication, which should at least get him a good night's sleep.

We wound up having pizza for supper, as we got back so late from picking him up at the hospital. I finished sewing some throw pillows for the living room sofa after supper.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

I am back form my houseboat trip. We got this houseboat form a different marina and have some storied to tell. It had 6 bedrooms. Three up and three down. The down beds were mattresses on the floor. The up beds were not made for short people to get in and out. And one of the down bedrooms has a "hobbit door". It was abotu 3-1/2 feet high. It would be great for kids. I took that one and had to crawly in and out on my hands and knees. Once inside I could sit on the mattress. but I tried to minimized my comings and goings. But it was a good time as usual. Lots of swimming in the lake. talking and playing games with good friends. There were 12 of us. 4 couples and 4 singles. The single guy slept on the couch.

Before I left I ordered my new iPhone. USPS was supposed to get a signature upon delivery, but it was sitting outside my door when I got home. So glad I have trustworthy neighbors. I am letting it set up now. It was painful to pay for the iPhone, but neither my Mom nor my oldest and dearest friend were able to consistently text me. And I did not want to get an older version because I hope this one will last more than 2 years.

Not looking overly forward to getting back to work tomorrow, but I must earn more $$ for retirement.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 pm Clem,
Come visit my in January so you can be reminded of what Winter in the more northern areas of the continent feel like. Please don't whish away summer. I could do without the 90s, but temps in the 70s & 80s during the day and down to about 60 at night are the ideal.
I've spent a winter in North Dakota and Alaska. We got used to it - but this heat - lol
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:04 pm I've spent a winter in North Dakota and Alaska. We got used to it - but this heat - lol
Clem I am with you. I tolerate cold better than heat. You can always put on more clothes or turn the heat up a bit. However cooling off is more difficult at least in my opinion.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:59 pm Janet, thank you. The ER determined he has good blood flow in the leg, so the swelling is a mystery. He was given some pain medication, which should at least get him a good night's sleep.

We wound up having pizza for supper, as we got back so late from picking him up at the hospital. I finished sewing some throw pillows for the living room sofa after supper.

Good to hear he has good blood flow.. I do hope things will improve for him. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayer for a good recovery for whatever his problem is. Bless you and your family for being such a good friend to him.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:52 pm Clem,
Come visit my in January so you can be reminded of what Winter in the more northern areas of the continent feel like. Please don't whish away summer. I could do without the 90s, but temps in the 70s & 80s during the day and down to about 60 at night are the ideal.
I was going to say the same thing.... My favourite season is actually the fall, not too hot, not too cold and full of lovely colours.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/