Daily Check In August 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 1, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 1, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I think I just may have found my new time of arising in the morning. After about 9 years of retirement living I am finally sleeping past my old wake up time most days. It isn't a lot, just 1 hour longer, but wow do I feel much better over all for the little bit of extra rest. Mind you it could be because I end up staying up just a bit later reading....

Not much happening today. The usual get ready for the new week chores, and setting up for a new month. Plans need to be made on whether or not we will be traveling to the city to do a bit of shopping sometime the next two weeks, and appointment dates already arranged must be added to the calendar. There are a couple of appointments that need to be scheduled as well and that will be done on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday here in my province). Our new glasses should be in by the second week in August which will be nice.

So as you might be gathering the day will be spent making lists, checking things out to make sure totals are correct, and probably a bit of working on a project. This is the last day I will be doing cross stitch for a bit. I think it just might be time to make a few cards. Just 5 a day should see me done in 5 days...well perhaps a tiny bit longer or I could step up the card making.

Supper tonight will be a baked ham, along with mashed potatoes, kale salad, and mixed veggies.

Today I am grateful for the garden beginning to produce. I noticed some small eggplants, lots of tomatoes, and many peppers... Beans just are not coming at all well.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Pippi let me sleep until 7 a.m.

Last night I did my July budget. It was a pretty expensive month. Unlike some of you, I don’t worry as much about the month to month totals but instead look at the yearly picture. For the first seven months I’m doing OK. I’m over a bit on Entertainment (which I refuse to give up and need for my mental health), Medical/Rx and Insurance. Also over on Pippi expenses and given that she’ll need more frequent bloodwork, I expect to continue over budget depending on her health. I’m on budget or under budget for many categories. Still a good chance of being on budget for the year. One thing that I need to consider looking ahead is that my company pension has no COLA so as inflation increases, I’m losing purchasing power.

I started a new puzzle yesterday. It is a cute town image. The puzzle is by the Polish company Trefl. The other Polish puzzle I bought was hard and the pieces all looked like scribbles but so far I think this will be easier.

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning everyone. It is a lovely sunny day with the temp at (70 F) (21.11 C) We are going to have decent tempts for the rest of the week around the (70's F) and low( 80's F) (26.66 C). Such a relief from the storms and intense heat.

I am looking forward to checking my money program to see what I spent and how to maybe cut the budget somewhere. Also will enter the new budget for August. To me it is interesting to see where I can cut the budget and save money.

Have a good day and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Jackie, DD's beans are slow this year also....she had to plant 2 times due to rabbits. They love the young plants. :roll:
My back is still sore and stiff this morning but I took some Tylenol and it seems to be kicking in.
Watching my Sunday shows and trying to get myself together.
We have a birthday party today and will probably just spend the rest of the day hanging around.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

One day closer to winter!!!

Nice bright sunny day out there. I slept okay except for the usual weird dreams.

Was up by 8. I've already had my coffee.

Will be going to the store later. Want to make some crockpot ribs and maybe potato salad. Gotta do the usual sweeping and dusting. The COD did the yard yesterday and came out nice. Thinking about the garden for next year.

Hope all have a great day.