Daily Check In August 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In August 1, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. I woke up early today, did chores and the grocery shopping. I waited until today to do the shopping so that the new batch of store coupons would activate. Spent a lot ($133), but bought a lot, as this is my stock up week.

DH has been slowly chipping away at cleaning up the back yard. This is the chore we thought we would have to hire out, but every weekend he does a little work on it. By fall it should be finished.

Yesterday I sewed covers for the cushions in our Mission chair, so that is done and it looks great. I saved the fabric from the old covers, just in case it can be used for something. The back side of the old fabric looked decent after it was washed. The front side has a lot of cat claw damage from DS's cat.

Right at lunch today, we took Homeless Buddy to the hospital. He had angioplasty on his leg arteries two months ago and has has a painful leg ever since. Today his entire leg and foot were swollen and shiny, so off to the ER. We did not wait with him because of Covid. He is going to call us when he has a diagnosis.

Tonight I plan to make pancakes and bacon for supper, if everything works out and we aren't called away.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:55 pm Good afternoon, frugal friends. I woke up early today, did chores and the grocery shopping. I waited until today to do the shopping so that the new batch of store coupons would activate. Spent a lot ($133), but bought a lot, as this is my stock up week.

DH has been slowly chipping away at cleaning up the back yard. This is the chore we thought we would have to hire out, but every weekend he does a little work on it. By fall it should be finished.

Yesterday I sewed covers for the cushions in our Mission chair, so that is done and it looks great. I saved the fabric from the old covers, just in case it can be used for something. The back side of the old fabric looked decent after it was washed. The front side has a lot of cat claw damage from DS's cat.

Right at lunch today, we took Homeless Buddy to the hospital. He had angioplasty on his leg arteries two months ago and has has a painful leg ever since. Today his entire leg and foot were swollen and shiny, so off to the ER. We did not wait with him because of Covid. He is going to call us when he has a diagnosis.

Tonight I plan to make pancakes and bacon for supper, if everything works out and we aren't called away.
Mackie so sorry to hear about Homeless Buddy will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening Friends,

It has been a good day. Lots of heavy rain with thunder earlier this afternoon, which was nice for my "cooking ahead day". I made veggie egg rolls, bbq. beans in the slow cooker and black & white cookies (vegan - they're not overly delicious but acceptable).

The sun is out now and dd wants to walk the dogs but I'm not feeling it. However, I have to do the responsible thing.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We reopened for most things just a few weeks ago and now are having an uptick in cases. These are the Delta variant and seems to be targeting the unvaccinated and that includes children. I am glad that I am still wearing my mask most times I am out (unless there are very few people in the stores).

Worried about the schools reopening without being vaccinated.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

The rain has started back up - I think there will be no dog walking, just taking them out to do their business before we all go to bed early. The temperature has dropped - I think I will sleep with a fleece blanket tonight, in addition to the flannel sheet (sleep with windows open till November).
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:38 am Good morning all

One day closer to winter!!!

Nice bright sunny day out there. I slept okay except for the usual weird dreams.

Was up by 8. I've already had my coffee.

Will be going to the store later. Want to make some crockpot ribs and maybe potato salad. Gotta do the usual sweeping and dusting. The COD did the yard yesterday and came out nice. Thinking about the garden for next year.

Hope all have a great day.
Clem,
Come visit my in January so you can be reminded of what Winter in the more northern areas of the continent feel like. Please don't whish away summer. I could do without the 90s, but temps in the 70s & 80s during the day and down to about 60 at night are the ideal.