Daily Check In August 1, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In August 1, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Not much going on here. My daughter came over for a visit. We visited for an hour.

She is hoping to get her hair cut sometime today.

We traded laundry detergent.

I showed her my attempts to make the Scottie dog ornament.

Penny
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:38 am Good morning all

One day closer to winter!!!

Nice bright sunny day out there. I slept okay except for the usual weird dreams.

Was up by 8. I've already had my coffee.

Will be going to the store later. Want to make some crockpot ribs and maybe potato salad. Gotta do the usual sweeping and dusting. The COD did the yard yesterday and came out nice. Thinking about the garden for next year.

Hope all have a great day.
Oh yummy! How do you make your crockpot ribs and do you use the small or big ribs or country style? Sounds good.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:03 am Good morning everyone. It is a lovely sunny day with the temp at (70 F) (21.11 C) We are going to have decent tempts for the rest of the week around the (70's F) and low( 80's F) (26.66 C). Such a relief from the storms and intense heat.

I am looking forward to checking my money program to see what I spent and how to maybe cut the budget somewhere. Also will enter the new budget for August. To me it is interesting to see where I can cut the budget and save money.

Have a good day and frugal day everyone.
That sounds interesting-what is the money program? I spent way too much this month (well it was my son) as we paid for a car (he is paying me back payments with no interest and already gave me a downpayment so it made up for the cash I put down and I traded in my car so I did not have to finance it). Still it makes me uneasy when I spend any amount in cash let alone a bigger amount! So going to have to cut back to even things out. It was a used Toyota Camry-he knows if he misses 1-2 payments(just like car loan companies/banks I told him), it goes to me to drive because I really like that car. His business is doing well-so he will have enough to pay the monthly payments. Usually I don't advocate this, only because he makes his own money and I did not want a loan to teach him and plus I am willing to take the car for myself.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

Been busy the past few weeks-daughter had ankle surgery and is still on a cast type thing with crutches (the klutz that she is-she has banged it a few times,toppled over it,fallen,etc-so I hope it is still good :shock: :? -we shall see. I don't know why she is a klutz, maybe because she is so tall at 5 feet 11 inches or something?!

Then my mom just had knee surgery last week and I was helping her. This time bc of the Covid cases increasing, they would not let me into the hospital again! Drove two hours to pick up on discharge and the security guard kicked me out at 7 am and would not let me go in. Doctor told my mom it isn't right, and told them to let me in, but too late after waiting half an hour for their answer, I went looking for breakfast and was gone. I told her I would come when she was all ready and dressed and discharge instructions done with. I told them my mom is forgetful so it is not a good idea to do instructions with her alone. At home, she was panicking lost her 2 new meds or maybe the nurse did not give her. I thought omg we lost them, as I had dumped everything on the bench looking for something for her. We kept looking and when I read the instructions it was at another pharmacy so she never got them! :shock: In the meantime, got a croissant for me (never saw one so huge so only ate a portion) and a sprinkle donut for my grandbaby! He never had a donut before so I gave him a few pinches and his eyes got wide and wanted more-lol!

Oh, funny thing about my mom, is when I was asking how she was doing the morning after the surgery, she said, "I am doing Sh*t, everything is Sh*t!!!" And I asked was it the pain or the nursing care? "Everything is Sh*t!" Why I found this amusing is she never swears like that so it was funny that was coming from her!

Preston started school already. My daughter on crutches will be starting a special program pretty soon as well.

Have a good day everybody!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

frugalmom wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:34 pm That sounds interesting-what is the money program? I spent way too much this month (well it was my son) as we paid for a car (he is paying me back payments with no interest and already gave me a downpayment so it made up for the cash I put down and I traded in my car so I did not have to finance it). Still it makes me uneasy when I spend any amount in cash let alone a bigger amount! So going to have to cut back to even things out. It was a used Toyota Camry-he knows if he misses 1-2 payments(just like car loan companies/banks I told him), it goes to me to drive because I really like that car. His business is doing well-so he will have enough to pay the monthly payments. Usually I don't advocate this, only because he makes his own money and I did not want a loan to teach him and plus I am willing to take the car for myself.
The Money Program is a CD named Microsoft (Works Suite 2006). It came free with a computer that I bought in 2006. I have used it on several other computers and it still works. I can put in my income and set up a budget. This allows me to see how much money I will have leftover or maybe go over budget. Then I can go back and re-do the budget to try to shave a few dollars off here and there or even decide to eliminate an item that is more of a want than a need. I can keep my checking account in the banking section. I like that a lot since I can put in projected income and projected expenses and see the long term saving that might be possible. The only thing is I have had computer crashes and lost the information so I have started to keep a written record also for just incase there is another crash. The program is wonderful for working on my budget and projected savings compared to trying to do it on paper.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

frugalmom wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:24 pm Oh yummy! How do you make your crockpot ribs and do you use the small or big ribs or country style? Sounds good.
I use the small beef ribs. I just throw them in there and pour Sweet Baby Ray's honey barbcue sauce.