Being Frugal - is there anything that you are tired of?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
GMPG54

Re: Being Frugal - is there anything that you are tired of?

Post by GMPG54 »

I did the same thing, I had dyed so much that it became a guess as to what color it was going to be, regardless of the box!
I bought the “purple” shampoo which highlights the silver/ gray tones.
I have curly hair and absolutely no patience with messing with products and styling tools, my hair has been buzzed many times and it’s actually my favorite look.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I get seriously tired of packing my lunch, but don't have much of an alternative.

Also get really tired of doing all the house painting. I am ready to hire it done.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

worrying about my central air!

It is pretty new and is doing well, but all I think about is if it goes out and has to be fixed. And the thing is,I have the funds saved up for it, but just the thought of it going out bothers me immensely.

Heck that is one main reason I want to buy a new house. This house is ancient and was the first one in this town to have central air installed. I remember when they took the old one out from the attic. The crew was just amazed. LOL.

Today was our hottest day so far.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I don’t chase after CVS ECBs or free items. Also I will now buy a grocery item I want (within reason) even if it’s not on sale.

I no longer stay in the cheapest motels/hotels. Traveling with my mom, we stayed in some really questionable places. One in particular I remember turned out to be a hooker hangout. (We still stayed there. Didn’t want to lose the money we’d already paid.) It was always just mom and me. I only remember one weekend trip here in Florida with both mom and dad.

I quit MyPoints, Swagbucks and some older rewards programs when they didn’t seem worth it.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Like FloridaCat, I no longer chase the CVS extra bucks...
I am tired of cooking/figuring out what to eat. But eating out is not an option either.
I have freezers and pantry full of food, plus I find myself doing the mental math as to how much ingredients cost and that always plays into it.
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

After I retired I gave up sewing my own clothes. It didn't seem cost effective.

I gave up my car several years ago. That saved me a fortune, ESp., considering how little I was actually driving.

Penny