Check-In Monday, Aug. 2, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Check-In Monday, Aug. 2, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Well we had a change in our weather.

Woke up to thunder in the air! It was distant, so big scardy pup wasn't too bad

And it rained. The temp is in the mid 70s! What a change

Should be not as warm this week. Relief for a short while.

Now what to do....

Have a great day.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Hello all. We've been given a gift - a respite from the oppressive heat and humidity. Current temp is only 80° and I think 86° is supposed to be the high today. Whew...lovely!

I have to get out this afternoon for PT. I think I'm going to leave early so I can take an Amazon return to the UPS Store on the way. Not that it's on the way; it's actually in the opposite direction completely. But it will be good to have it all done today. I've been very diligent about doing my PT homework and I think my strength may be slightly improved. Balance is still horrendous. I also did my first virtual therapy session last week, and I really like the counselor. She's probably a bit older than me, very pragmatic and empathetic. She gave me some tangible things to do and I'm working on that as well. I've been watching Youtube videos by a man called Russ Harris. He's created something called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and it's right up my alley as far as what I want to achieve.

Unfortunately, today is not going to be a frugal day at all. My sister fell and broke her shoulder (again) on Thursday, so I ordered a meal to be delivered to her today at noon. Actually, it's enough for two meals. I hope she likes what I chose...she can be hard to please, so fingers crossed. Then, after PT I'm going to pick up dinner for us. I need a break from cooking/fixing. There's an Asian place right next to the PT clinic, so that will be dinner. I may even splurge on sushi for myself. Hubby doesn't care for it and I never get it now that I'm not working. Used to be, a coworker and I would go for sushi once a month or so.

I have more appointments tomorrow -- I see my surgeon so he can take another look at my incision and I'm also meeting the Nevro rep there so he can set my stim unit on the two settings that work the best for me. Plus, I have an appointment with an ENT NP. I've had a blockage in my left ear for going on two weeks and it's driving me crazy. I feel like it's probably ear wax. So hopefully they can get that cleared up in the office. Then, PT again on Wednesday and Friday. So it's a busy week, driving-wise.

We're still planning our beach vacation next month. Who knows what will be the Covid situation at that time, but we're determined to get out and do something this year. We will be taking all the necessary precautions.
Patty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

sibling coming home today from the hospital. Darn almost two weeks.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update;

I made a new recipe...pepperoni pasta sauce. Used a recipe from some chef on TV.
I have to say it is really good, probably too spicy for DD but I liked it.
I had thawed a pkg of pepperoni and since it had been refrozen once I thought it wouldn't be a good idea to freeze it again.
I think it would make an excellent pizza sauce and am thinking I might try some spaghetti with it as a side with a roast chicken as suggested in the recipe. Maybe some chicken parmesan .
Waiting on the fiance, he is hopefully bringing a load of sweet corn for the freezer. I warned him about the road work, they started after he had been here .

JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Today I spent a boatload of money but I am so excited! Dh thought it would be a good idea for me to have a mother - daughter retreat with both DD’s since he still doesn’t feel comfortable travelling. So in two weeks time we’re off to Vancouver, B.C and found a lovely Airbnb to stay in, not downtown but in a quieter area near a beach and UBC. Dd2 and I will be flying together and will wear N95 masks for maximum protection. We chose the most direct flight with the least amount of layover time but it still takes about 8 hours. We have to fly east first to Toronto which makes no sense at all but that’s what happens when you fly from a small, regional airport. Dd1 will fly and meet up with us from Denver. Her Bf is unable to get time off in August so it all works out well. We paid extra for assigned seats as airlines have a habit of overbooking flights. Keeping fingers crossed that all works out. B.C. is a lot more open than our area which is still subject to a lot of restrictions. I jumped at the opportunity as it’s almost two years since I have seen Dd1, before Dh changes his mind. I have never been to Vancouver so it makes this trip all the more special.

Dinner tonight is a chicken stir fry with brown rice for Dd2 and Dh and eggplant parmigiana for myself. Steamed asparagus as well as it needs to be used up. The upcoming trip just provides so much motivation for me to cook everything from home. We very seldom eat out anyway.

It’s very smoky outside so I have spent most of the day inside catching up on chores. You can almost taste the cinders in the air. I sure hope the forest fires get under control soon. Dh did go golfing but didn’t like the smoke.

Have a wonderful evening everyone. Good to hear from you Patty and hope your PT and other therapy works out well.

Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Mrscreative wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:09 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Today I spent a boatload of money but I am so excited! Dh thought it would be a good idea for me to have a mother - daughter retreat with both DD’s since he still doesn’t feel comfortable travelling. So in two weeks time we’re off to Vancouver, B.C and found a lovely Airbnb to stay in, not downtown but in a quieter area near a beach and UBC. Dd2 and I will be flying together and will wear N95 masks for maximum protection. We chose the most direct flight with the least amount of layover time but it still takes about 8 hours. We have to fly east first to Toronto which makes no sense at all but that’s what happens when you fly from a small, regional airport. Dd1 will fly and meet up with us from Denver. Her Bf is unable to get time off in August so it all works out well. We paid extra for assigned seats as airlines have a habit of overbooking flights. Keeping fingers crossed that all works out. B.C. is a lot more open than our area which is still subject to a lot of restrictions. I jumped at the opportunity as it’s almost two years since I have seen Dd1, before Dh changes his mind. I have never been to Vancouver so it makes this trip all the more special.

Dinner tonight is a chicken stir fry with brown rice for Dd2 and Dh and eggplant parmigiana for myself. Steamed asparagus as well as it needs to be used up. The upcoming trip just provides so much motivation for me to cook everything from home. We very seldom eat out anyway.

It’s very smoky outside so I have spent most of the day inside catching up on chores. You can almost taste the cinders in the air. I sure hope the forest fires get under control soon. Dh did go golfing but didn’t like the smoke.

Have a wonderful evening everyone. Good to hear from you Patty and hope your PT and other therapy works out well.

Creative
What fun! Enjoy this time with your two girls. And enjoy Vancouver. I’ve never been there but I know it is a beautiful city and very outdoorsy like you. ❤️