Daily Check In August 3, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In August 3, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In August 3, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Restless from about 3 am on and I do not for the life of me know why. But at least I am up at what almost constitutes my regular waking up time.

I did not get the plants watered yesterday so that will be my first undertaking after I have my walk. I was also told by a neighbour to be careful when walking early in the morning. It seems that on the way home from work at around 3 in the morning her son (who lives at home) saw a group of coyotes sitting on the corner of the street. Perhaps I will be walking and carrying a rather large stick until the wildlife decides that perhaps town is not the best place to be.

Frugal happenings today will be watering my plants from the rain barrel where possible, hose where not (some are a bit too high to lift the heavy watering can), harvesting from the garden, picking herbs, dehydrating herbs, finding jars to make mint jelly, and of course walking for exercise.

I have a few chores that need to be done today like ironing and mending (believe there is a seam to fix) as well as giving my office space a tidy. I have a pie shell and kept a bag of raspberries upstairs so may give that pie that intrigued me a try. Just need to see if I have everything necessary (should have, but need to make sure). Then it is use everything up time. I cut enough strips yesterday to do 6 grids on the t-shirt rug. Hopefully I get at least three done today. I would love 4 but don't think my back or fingers could take it, we shall see.

In the use everything up I possibly can range, I will be pulling a bag of leftover ham out of the fridge and making Hubby his favorite casserole. Then making a cucumber salad (hope I can find the recipe we both like) using up the cuke I bought.

So there is my day. I will probably check in later and read everyone else's news.

Today I am grateful for all the things I can still do, and the fact that in a little over a month we will be heading for the mountains with a drop in visit with our eldest DS.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Our baby is here!!! Momma and baby doing well :D
6 pounds and 19 inches long. Born this morning, youngest grand has met her sister and doesn't want to let her go LOL.
I am so thankful that all went well...it has been a long road.

I haven't decided when I will meet the baby, there are a lot of people that will be in and out of the room and they will likely come home tomorrow. I may wait until they are home if I can stand it that long. Keeping up with pics and videos.

They continue the roadwork today, nice and cool today...will do house chores and make a decision about seeing little one. Might plan a meal to take to their house,
JCKItty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well, my sister made it here, a little bit worn out, but at least safe. The poor little cat couldn't wait to get out of her cage/playpen. She can't understand what was going on. She keeps trying to get into the bedroom which is closed as she is looking for the "florida room"---the poor little thing.

We did a lot of the unpacking last night; the organizing in the closet and drawers still need to be done as time goes on. The one casualty is that my sister forgot or accidentally got rid of the computer cord, but she ordered a new one for less than $15 and she'll have it tomorrow.

I will be taking her to a few places tomorrow. Wish I could do it today but I have an online hearing to attend as the witness to an accident that happened in May.

Well going to go for now. Have a great day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Kitty, a big Congratulations to your DD (and you) for a beautiful new baby girl with momma and baby healthy!

Logics, glad your sister arrived safely.

We have already had a heavy, heavy rain here this morning. I think it is supposed to be overcast/rainy all day. I did trimming at mom’s house yesterday afternoon but I know that when I go there later this week the grass will need cutting. At this time of year, trying to keep up with trimming, weeding, mowing etc. is not easy and it is brutally hot so much of the time.

Before going to mom’s house I dropped some things at Salvation Army and met my friend at Starbucks. We chatted at an outside table this time. They have at least some shade. My friend had started going back to LA Fitness but now she has stopped again and doesn’t feel safe there. (No money lost because it is free with her Medicare Advantage plan.)

Pippi’s appointment is mid-afternoon. So I’ll do laundry, shredding, my puzzle and maybe start looking at the drawer with keepsakes from mom’s house. Mostly there are journals mom kept when dad had his first stroke and mom’s memories written down. I need to find a better way to keep these things so they are easily transportable if I have to evacuate.

I am still enjoying the Olympics and will watch the last of the gymnastics tonight. I’ve also enjoyed the diving and swimming. Not really a fan of beach volleyball or track.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:44 am Good morning all.

Well, my sister made it here, a little bit worn out, but at least safe. The poor little cat couldn't wait to get out of her cage/playpen. She can't understand what was going on. She keeps trying to get into the bedroom which is closed as she is looking for the "florida room"---the poor little thing.

We did a lot of the unpacking last night; the organizing in the closet and drawers still need to be done as time goes on. The one casualty is that my sister forgot or accidentally got rid of the computer cord, but she ordered a new one for less than $15 and she'll have it tomorrow.

I will be taking her to a few places tomorrow. Wish I could do it today but I have an online hearing to attend as the witness to an accident that happened in May.

Well going to go for now. Have a great day.
Glad that your sister arrived safely.
Jackie