Bribery.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Bribery.

Post by ohjodi »

Two of my sisters and I offered our youngest sister $210 and a gorgeous homemade highly decorated fancy cake to get the Covid shot.

She still refuses. She's 39, type 1 diabetic.

Initially the cash offer was $200, but when she refused that and the cake, I threw in another ten bucks, hoping that would tip her. NOPE.
ohjodi
LWolfT

Re: Bribery.

Post by LWolfT »

So why is she refusing?
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:29 am So why is she refusing?
She doesn't think the vaccine has been tested enough, and that there might be fatal side effects for diabetics.

I told her that it's been tested on hundreds of millions of people, with no reports of side effects for diabetics beyond what other people have..............and that COVID DOES have side effects for diabetics, it's called DEATH.

Like too many other people, the only thing she reads and hears is from other people online who are making no sense. Just cesspools of lies, and they do not take in any correct information, just keep feeding their own fires of lies.

I told her she'll have to get it eventually, because health insurance companies will start requiring it, or they won't cover you. Her husband is a prison guard, and he's refused it, also. The state will make them do it, but currently the state of Illinois is in talks with their Union about it.
ohjodi
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

So she believes the online junk over what her own family is telling her? Sad.
(And I agree with you about the insurance companies. Though I suspect some of these folks would go without insurance and risk bankrupting their families rather than get the shot.)
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

She probably read that for up to 7 days after the shot there can be sugar spikes but all you have to do is monitor your sugars like you should be normally, and yes. Diabetes is a major underlying factor for Covid. People will believe what they want I guess. I'm just thankful that everyone in my family that I know of has been vaxxxed.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ohjodi wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:07 am Two of my sisters and I offered our youngest sister $210 and a gorgeous homemade highly decorated fancy cake to get the Covid shot.

She still refuses. She's 39, type 1 diabetic.

Initially the cash offer was $200, but when she refused that and the cake, I threw in another ten bucks, hoping that would tip her. NOPE.
My friend is a diabetic as is her Dad and both got the vaccination and both had fewer side effects than me who is not a diabetic.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/