Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

Post by icfrugal1 »

with all of the Covid, and it's variants coming, are you pulling back?

going out less then 2020? I did go to stores in 2020, mask on. (assume mask on for me :D )

walked dogs, went to fast food, ordered and ate in the car.

Kept away from people, didn't see friends.

Did eat out a few times, but always outside.

Now, where i live the restaurants that did have outside dining don't have it any more.

Where I live we have bad air from the fires, (we have smoke, but no fires, Thank goodness) so I can't really spend time in my backyard.

I feel that things are not good.

our state "opened" June 15 2021, way to soon, of course no one knows what is going on day by day.

I'm scared about all of the kids going back to school. (I have no kids)

Are you pulling back in again? How much?

IC
MackerelCat

Re: Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

Post by MackerelCat »

We are pulling back in as we did before. We did go out this week to our local Mexican restaurant, but went in with masks on and they seated us in an empty room. DH and I rarely got take-out, only about a half dozen times in 15 months the first time around. We ate out a few times in the heady weeks after our shots fully took hold, but Delta put a stop to that.

We still do our shopping at just a few stores. I am too tired to run around chasing bargains and compensate by buying g and using less.
Mackie
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

I didn't go out much in 2020 and even less now. I have plenty of help so I don't have to. My niece and her 8 year old daughter live with me and niece does ALL my 'running' for me. Bank, P.O., Walmart groc. pickup, oxygen supplies, vet for cats, etc.. She is a huge help to me. I haven't left my house since June 8th when I went to Walgreens for my 2nd COVID shot. I've barely been outside here at home either. Not that I'm trying to avoid the virus, but it works, and I simply don't want to go anywhere. My niece works in a very busy restaurant but is always aware. All employees must wear a mask but their customers don't. Niece gets tested if she feels she should. A few weeks ago one of the cooks tested positive so she tested again. Then her daughter started coughing, sounded like she was losing her voice, so took her to the doctor. They tested her also...negative but allergies. My niece is VERY good about being safe. She says she doesn't want to kill me! lol

I am so disappointed so many of my family and friends refuse to get the shots. My brother got COVID and so did my oldest daughter. Still refuse the shots. Younger daughter recently got final adoption of her grandbaby and STILL refuses to get the shot. I just don't get it. Every one of these people are big time Trump supporters so I guess that explains it. Just makes me sad/mad at them.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes. Today I didn't go help with the foodbank. One lady that is always there now has the covid - so who knows who else of her friends has it.

Don't want to spread it around

Don't go out to lunch either. But I see my sisters still go. But they are also the type that like to "shop" at walmart for hours. They aren't into online stuff, so need to get out and about for things they need.

I could stay here on my computer all day - which might not be good either - :mrgreen:
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I am being cautious by wearing my mask but I’m not going overboard even though I’m in a Covid cesspool.

This week I’m having lunch with my friends at our favorite French Vietnamese restaurant with covered seating outdoors. I’m trying to go to Publix early(ish) in the morning. I did pick up my Rx in the mid-afternoon at the bigger Publix on Thursday and I was going to get a few things but it was crowded and decided the items could wait until Monday morning.

My doctor said not to go overboard worrying - wear my mask, social distance when possible but not to hesitate going into stores because I’m vaccinated. I know many of you will feel that is too lax a way of looking at things - especially here in Florida - but it works for me.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

I have not really. I have a mask stuffed deep into the small purse, phone carrier I have. I still try to go to the stores early. I make a mental note of how crowded a place is, but so far have not felt uncomfortable. I still try to maintain distance in line. I make it a point to go the the least populated Church services and try to maintain a distance. I sit near the front (Catholic joke a lot of people sit in the back of church)I am not comfortable with people in the pew right behind me.

While my Gov was very cautious at the beginning of the pandemic, he is getting close to re-election time and there are people in this state who are against mask mandates and closures, etc. The State legislators tried to pass a bill from prohibiting state-wide pubic health initiatives. Our Gov. vetoed it. But interestingly enough, The State Universities, led by the Ohio State University, have mandated masks on campus. Many school districts are mandating them for Pre K - 6th grade, but in others, parents are protesting. Sheesh. These kids are not eligible for the vaccine. There are protests that medical systems are requiring vaccines.

Thankfully DGS7s school district has mandated masks.

Maggie