Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

Post by SandiSAHM »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:55 pm scared and depresses is right.

I've had my jab, and wear my mask, it's selfish, but all DH and I can do is to protect ourselves.

Of course we are retired so we have more choses the nthoses who have to work.

In my state it opened up (you can chose to wear a mask oe not if you had the jab..stupid !!!) now we are back to MUST wear your mask, I wear my no matter what "they" say.

Please stay safe.

IC
This will potentially sound political; it's not: It is not selfish to have gotten the vaccine and to keep wearing masks when in public -it's intelligent. In so doing, not only are you less likely to get sick (and far less likely to die if you do get sick) but you're also less likely to help the germ move along from one person to another. It's all you can reasonably do and all that should be expected of us, as citizens, because in protecting ourselves, we're protecting others.

Overall, intelligence is lacking these days.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Another friend's mother passed away from the bug, the day after our mutual friend. Also not vaccinated. Turns out this friend isn't vaccinated, either, even though his significant other has an active cancer and is on chemo. Their sibling who was taking care of the Mom before she passed? Not vaccinated, and sick. The overall short-sightedness is appalling.

Guess what CVS sent? A notification that this year's flu shots are ready. That seems early, doesn't it?

No matter, we're going as a group; DD needs it by the end of next month to stay in clinicals and the rest of us - well, an immune system on its toes is never a bad thing. I've also put everyone on a regimen of vitamin C daily, if we catch a cold or a version of the flu not covered by the shot, we'll be as prepared as we can reasonably and logically be.

I know flu season was mild last year due to masks but so few people locally have any sense now when it comes to masks that I'm taking a 'better safe than wondering' approach to fall & winter. If any one of us comes up with a symptom, bang, we'll quarantine them. Abundance of caution.

Also, irked that Moderna hasn't gotten their stuff together yet re a booster.

DS, due to age, is the only Pfizer recipient in the house. If they say he needs a booster, he gets a booster.

I've just about had it with this nonsense, I just bought condolence cards in a multi-pack. Never had to do that before.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

SandiSAHM wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:46 pm Another friend's mother passed away from the bug, the day after our mutual friend. Also not vaccinated. Turns out this friend isn't vaccinated, either, even though his significant other has an active cancer and is on chemo. Their sibling who was taking care of the Mom before she passed? Not vaccinated, and sick. The overall short-sightedness is appalling.

Guess what CVS sent? A notification that this year's flu shots are ready. That seems early, doesn't it?

No matter, we're going as a group; DD needs it by the end of next month to stay in clinicals and the rest of us - well, an immune system on its toes is never a bad thing. I've also put everyone on a regimen of vitamin C daily, if we catch a cold or a version of the flu not covered by the shot, we'll be as prepared as we can reasonably and logically be.

I know flu season was mild last year due to masks but so few people locally have any sense now when it comes to masks that I'm taking a 'better safe than wondering' approach to fall & winter. If any one of us comes up with a symptom, bang, we'll quarantine them. Abundance of caution.

DS, due to age, is the only Pfizer recipient in the house. If they say he needs a booster, he gets a booster.

I've just about had it with this nonsense, I just bought condolence cards in a multi-pack. Never had to do that before.
The friend I had lunch with today had her flu shot this morning at Walgreens. She asked about the Moderna booster and the pharmacist said they wouldn’t have it until Nov. 20. First time I’ve heard that date. Maybe that is just Walgreens.

I have read that the Moderna vaccine has shown more protection than Pfizer after six months.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

SandiSAHM wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:46 pm Another friend's mother passed away from the bug, the day after our mutual friend. Also not vaccinated. Turns out this friend isn't vaccinated, either, even though his significant other has an active cancer and is on chemo. Their sibling who was taking care of the Mom before she passed? Not vaccinated, and sick. The overall short-sightedness is appalling.

I will get my flu shot Sunday. CSV has come to Church to give them after services and it is always the weekend after Labor day. Seemed early to me at first. This is my third year of getting it there.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

SandiSAHM wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:46 pm
I was reading that the CDC is worried about an early start to this year's flu season since last year's was mild due to lockdowns, etc.

We usually get ours around Halloween; this year, I suspect we'll have to work it around Covid boosters.

DH's company now is offering a bonus to those who are vaxxed, with a 2nd bonus once the local office hits a certain percentage of employees vaxxed.
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:49 pm with all of the Covid, and it's variants coming, are you pulling back?

going out less then 2020? I did go to stores in 2020, mask on. (assume mask on for me :D )

walked dogs, went to fast food, ordered and ate in the car.

Kept away from people, didn't see friends.

Did eat out a few times, but always outside.

Now, where i live the restaurants that did have outside dining don't have it any more.

Where I live we have bad air from the fires, (we have smoke, but no fires, Thank goodness) so I can't really spend time in my backyard.

I feel that things are not good.

our state "opened" June 15 2021, way to soon, of course no one knows what is going on day by day.

I'm scared about all of the kids going back to school. (I have no kids)

Are you pulling back in again? How much?

IC
Hi! I am pulling back a bit, BUT sometimes I think like what is the use when my son goes to a school with 3000 kids and many not vaccinated. Last time there were 177 people out with Covid, yet they still went to school. It is frustrating. And my son's girlfriend and best friend he drives to school every day are not vaccinated and he sees every day and he said he cannot convince them to be vaccinated as it is their choice. So it is like I wish they were back to online distance learning again so he doesn't have to be exposed. Most of his friends are not vaccinated. Some of his friends did get it and exposed my son, but luckily due to the vaccines, he did not get it, so I am confident in the vaccines.

One thing is there are a lot of restaurant workers in the area that are getting Covid and actually closed down due to most of the workers ended up getting it like Panera (I further questioned them why are they closing down at 2 pm so early and worker told me). Also the last two times the person handling the order or cashier was coughing at two separate restaurants that I was like taking a chance there so I decided safer not to go out to eat/takeout.