Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

Post by SandiSAHM »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:05 am I was reading that the CDC is worried about an early start to this year's flu season since last year's was mild due to lockdowns, etc.

We usually get ours around Halloween; this year, I suspect we'll have to work it around Covid boosters.

DH's company now is offering a bonus to those who are vaxxed, with a 2nd bonus once the local office hits a certain percentage of employees vaxxed.
DH's company usually has flu shots available at work; not sure if they'll do that this year if only because, right now, they're having a hard time with some of their people. Those whose jobs require being in the plant (because it's a manufacturing facility, you can't make their product from home) - 75% of those folks don't see the need to be vaccinated for covid, so they're trying to find a way to "incentivize" getting vaccinated for that,* I don't think they've started the flu shot drive yet (funny, these guys will get flu shots, no problem :roll:). They don't want to mandate due to fear of red state retaliation, but... They have a real problem with no easy solution. Some of the shop guys represent decades of industry knowledge, they can't really afford to make them mad enough to quit.

* The fun part about incentivizing the antivax folks is the pro-vax stance that, if you incentivize them for getting a shot, you'd better retroactively incentivize me, too, for having been smart enough to get the shots back in the Spring.

Fun times!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Just sent a note to my DR about the flu shot this year, in prior years you just stood i nline, they had very fle "stations" all over Kaiser, havn't seen any of that at all this year.

I don't think that I got a flu shot last year.

Of course I do wear my mask everywhere.

IC
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I just saw this news that Moderna is developing a combo Covid booster and flu vaccine. Hope we hear more in the next few days. If this will be available soon I will hold off on getting the flu shot.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/09/moderna-says-its-developing-a-single-vaccine-for-covid-and-flu-boosters-shares-gain.html

Dutch friend who I’m having lunch with today has a son here locally who is a Walgreens manager. He’s been very involved in the Covid vaccine distribution in recent months so I’ll ask if she has heard anything from him. Maybe this is the Nov. 20 date that the Walgreens pharmacist told my other friend on Tuesday.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yesterday in the daily reports for our county, the number of deaths jumped up by 6! It was 165 on Wednesday and yesterday - 171!

Now they might just be catching up.

Our church was going to have a Loteria game on Sunday - Mexican bingo. I love it - lots of fun. Neat prizes and good food. Time to sit and chat with friends

But the lady that organizes it has the Covid - so it has been canceled. Looks like she has a mild case, but I am sure they will have to sanitize the church and church hall, office etc.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I heard a report on National Public Radio this morning about a study done on people who had Covid and went on to be vaccinated. Apparently this stimulates the immune system to give them "super antibodies," which a few people also get from vaccinations, but is more common with the double whammy of "get infected, get the shot(s)." The super antibodies make those who have them extremely resistant to the new variants.

Since my entire family falls in that category, I am glad now that we suffered through the side effects of getting the shots after having had Covid!
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Ohio reported slightly over 9,000 new cases today. Ugh.
But I think only 50% of adults are vaccinated.

I'd like to see the # of vaccinated go up but am uncomfortable about the President's mandates.