Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Are you "pulling back" Covid ???

Post by clemencia2us »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:39 pm Do you wonder if they're just trying to see how many will volunteer to leave, if they offer a 'you get the vaccine or you get an honorable discharge' (or your retirement, if you've been in long enough)? You don't have to RIF people if enough leave on their own. Having just pulled out of Afghanistan, I'd imagine we're a little "over-staffed" right now.

It could lead to a reduction in NG #s, too.
who knows. I think they will just kick people out with an honorable.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:16 pm I think some people in authority are just trying to potentially save lives / reduce suffering of the people whether they want to be saved or not :shock: because it's really hard to incentivize the truly short-sighted and/or ignorant, or to force them to care about anyone but themselves (I coudn't find a navel-gazing emoji). Companies like DH's employer won't mind because it takes the red-state retaliation issue off them and gives them a better chance to return to pre-covid productivity and profitability sometime before 2025.

I don't think they can mandate one set of employees (teachers or medical professionals) and not mandate say, food service or hospitality workers, or even the military. Too much finger pointing and cries of "it's not FAIR, THEY don't have to..." where the response "life isn't fair, get over it," would bring on yet a new level of entitled outrage. :roll:

Then there are the ever-nitwits, like the gov of OK, who won't uphold a mandate on diddly because he thinks his chances of re-election are better if he lets many more red voters choose to die of a hoax (/s). Really, it'd be funny if it weren't so painfully self-serving.

A local single mom of 4, who was a NURSE, died this week of covid. No vaccine. A single mother of 4 who worked in the medical field in the time of a veritable modern plague somehow chose NOT to improve her odds of seeing her children grow up. THIS is why I like the idea of a mandate - if it had come a while back and she'd seen the intelligence in keeping her job to feed her family, maybe those 4 kids would still have their mom. (However, if she hadn't seen the intelligence in getting vaccinated so as to reduce the odds of her dying or making one of her kids sick, she may not have seen the sense in keeping her job, either - who knows. Fortunately her youngest kids are 16, not too long 'til adulthood. Although I think social security will give out on them at 18, so they're probably going to have it rough. There was no mention in the news story about the father, if he is living/deceased or in their lives/out of their lives. I hope he's alive, nearby, and totally steps up - or is already a shared-custody parent who was left out of the story for whatever reason.
Good Points
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

wow - 3 more deaths in our small county from the virus!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I am really going to try and cut back on shopping. The less I have to go out and be around people who could be carrying the virus the better I will feel about this whole thing.

Cases are rising, mostly among the unvaccinated and those who only have 1 dose here. My small area of the province now has 51 active cases. They do not say where those cases are in the area though and if the people involved are true anti-vaxer's they will not let anyone know (we have lots here for the small population). We are now the worst in Canada via population stats, small province with only just over a million people. Things are not looking good, and right now our provincial government has not reinstated mask wearing or social distancing. Believe me I do both where ever possible.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

It's official. My son and I both have COVID. After trying SO HARD to do everything right with masking (my son has been wearing N95 masks), sanitizing, vaxxing, staying away from people and all it took was one idiotic employee to come dragging her sniffling, snorting, snotting unvaccinated arse into the office AFTER she and her husband had both been told that, even though they refused the test (original story was their doctor had no tests available :roll: ) the doctor was 99.99% positive they had COVID (husband became sick first). Now, out of nine people (eight unvaxxed) eight are sick. One mid-40-ish lady with three under 12 grandchildren...she is unvaxxed...remains, as of last Friday, the only one not sick (haven't a clue what today will bring).

My son has been miserable with everything settling in his head and sinuses, sore throat and fatigue. AND HE HAS HAD TO WORK BECAUSE THERE'S NO ONE ELSE!!!! He finished up last Wednesday, closed the office Thursday and Friday, slept all weekend and went in this morning saying he felt 50% better (plans on coming home early). Neither of us have had a temp.

I have had headaches, sore throat, very mild coughing and fatique. He and I both slept in recliners over the weekend so his head wouldn't completely clog. Hubby is banished to a company apartment for the duration, thank God he is vaccinated!

Son received email from an employee hit by Typhoid Mary to tell him Patient Zero Had shut down three businesses, their church and had gone to the ER Saturday night with breathing difficulty. Everyone can think me a b**** but all I said was "GOOD!!!"

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Sandy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:17 am It's official. My son and I both have COVID. After trying SO HARD to do everything right with masking (my son has been wearing N95 masks), sanitizing, vaxxing, staying away from people and all it took was one idiotic employee to come dragging her sniffling, snorting, snotting unvaccinated arse into the office AFTER she and her husband had both been told that, even though they refused the test (original story was their doctor had no tests available :roll: ) the doctor was 99.99% positive they had COVID (husband became sick first). Now, out of nine people (eight unvaxxed) eight are sick. One mid-40-ish lady with three under 12 grandchildren...she is unvaxxed...remains, as of last Friday, the only one not sick (haven't a clue what today will bring).

My son has been miserable with everything settling in his head and sinuses, sore throat and fatigue. AND HE HAS HAD TO WORK BECAUSE THERE'S NO ONE ELSE!!!! He finished up last Wednesday, closed the office Thursday and Friday, slept all weekend and went in this morning saying he felt 50% better (plans on coming home early). Neither of us have had a temp.

I have had headaches, sore throat, very mild coughing and fatique. He and I both slept in recliners over the weekend so his head wouldn't completely clog. Hubby is banished to a company apartment for the duration, thank God he is vaccinated!

Son received email from an employee hit by Typhoid Mary to tell him Patient Zero Had shut down three businesses, their church and had gone to the ER Saturday night with breathing difficulty. Everyone can think me a b**** but all I said was "GOOD!!!"

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Sandy, I’m sorry that both you and your son have Covid and I hope it doesn’t last long. I know that you’ve been very careful. That is scary that your son is fully vaccinated AND was wearing a N95 mask and still got it!