California Recall Election

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: California Recall Election

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bev,

I am glad you have some very happy memories of your time working in the Capitol district. Sounds like a lot of fun and like the area I hung out in when I'd go to Ottawa for business meetings. I loved to tour the Parliament Buildings every time I was there and do some window shopping and stop in for a pint of Guiness in of of the local pubs. It's lovely to have those memories.

You are correct. The trumpers are behind this recall. It was just a small group and then Elder, a hard core trumper, got in the mix on his "radio show" (Aka propaganda network) to wind up those unhappy with the lockdown to rally against Governor Newsom. That brought in the political operatives and monied donors to back the recall and get people out signing petitions for the recall. It took money to pay those people. No, they were not "volunteers" who wanted the best for California. They want to make it in their image and if they take over California? They figure they can work the same strategy across the country. This is why this Minnesotan is concerned and promoting the "NO!" vote on my FB and Twitter pages.

They don't call this the trump Taliban for nothing. They want to put evangelical religion (is it even that?!) as the basis for government and trump was more than happy to do that. They even made him a golden statue. It's plausible that the USA is still in for another trump insurrection. The question is when and where??

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Today is the day.

Polls now show Gov. Newsom will win the recall vote and remain in office. 🤞

Of course those who want to undermine democracy (including the “defeated one”) started screaming that the election was rigged when the polls began showing the recall will fail. Sheesh!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:37 pm Today is the day.

Polls now show Gov. Newsom will win the recall vote and remain in office. 🤞

Of course those who want to undermine democracy (including the “defeated one”) started screaming that the election was rigged when the polls began showing the recall will fail. Sheesh!
That was strange complaining about that when the polls had barely opened. Guess he knows he is going to lose.
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

The Trumper folks started saying the recall election is rigged before the polls even opened!
I wonder if security forces have been set up at the Capitol for the next couple of days. If not it should be! So glad to not be working by there anymore.

Bev
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Beverley wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:06 pm The Trumper folks started saying the recall election is rigged before the polls even opened!
I wonder if security forces have been set up at the Capitol for the next couple of days. If not it should be! So glad to not be working by there anymore.

Bev

Yep,

The trumpers got it all lined-up with the BIG LIE. Elder started selling that their will be a "rigged" election in California last week. He's said he has a host of lawyers ready to file lawsuits after the election is called tonight. It's because he "knows there has been election fraud." This is all because trump was a whiny little man who can't handle having lost fair and square. Did you hear trump on the weekend saying the election had been "rigged against" him? He was supposedly paying honor to NY Firemen and all he did was make it about himself by whining.

trump has been a destroyer of truth, reality and the public's belief in the rule of law and Constitution. I'll maintain he's done more to damage the democracy of the USA than any other person whose occupied the oval office.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

MJ,
I agree!
I believe he has sown discord in families that will never heal. I also believe that in doing so, he knew exactly what he was doing.

JCKitty