Daily Check in Sept 5, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Sept 5, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:15 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Like Patty, I thought I had posted earlier this morning but obviously I didn’t submit properly. I had a very busy morning and actually ran with Dh’s encouragement and motivation. He ran alongside with me and I ran 3.29 km or 2.04 miles in 38 minutes. I was pretty pleased as I had taken about a 3 month break from running when I was having difficulty with my estrogen suppressing medication. I certainly want to work on my distance and time just to challenge myself. And I was surprised to discoverI am in the leaderboard for recorded activity with my App. It’s actually been a very motivating tool for me.

This morning I also organized my lower, very deep corner cabinet which mostly hold my back stock of non perishable pantry items. On September 13, I will be taking part in an organizing summit but I am determined not to get suckered in to purchasing the all access pass. It’s helpful to give me the motivation to declutter even more and I do feel we could pare down. I put likes with likes and put the items with earlier expiry dates to the front. No matter how well you organize, it still requires routine maintenance. I actually throw away very little but the problem in my household is that I feel responsible for knowing where everyone’s belongings are, which can be draining and overwhelming at times. I know I am too much of a people pleaser.

This afternoon I took a walk and the campus was bustling! Only 200 spaces short of residential capacity, such a difference from last year. Parents were involved with activities with their kids enrolling in university, and the smell of an outdoor bbq wafted through the air. After a year and a half of mostly online learning, these kids are so happy to be able to socialize and have in class learning. Lots of international students too. Our university has a mask mandate for indoor spaces and must be fully vaccinated unless medically exempt. I have my walking distance to clock on my activity app yet.

Hurray - a simple dinner tonight of leftovers. Frozen vegetable of some sort because that’s about all that’s left.

Maggie, I wrote your interview date in my agenda and will send you some special thoughts and prayers. And Jackie will your cabin have electricity and heating? I hope you and Harvey have a wonderful trip! The mountains are certainly a special place!

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
Yes the cabins have electric and heat, which is good at this time of year. One of the two years previous to this that we went there was a bit of snow at the higher elevation. I may throw a couple of quilts into the back just to be on the safe side.

This is our third year in these cabins and we got 2 discounts, one for being a repeat customer and another for being seniors (both of us needed to be for this one).

I am going to put out a few more things into the back of the vehicle now while supper is cooking.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:45 pm Update

Been packing this morning and for part of the afternoon. I am going to take a break now and then later get what I have packed out into the vehicle. I need the floor space to pack some more :lol:

The meat and such will be bought where oldest DS lives, so all we will need is to pull up the cooler and put it in the car along with our luggage in the morning. I still have potatoes, cukes, onion and tomatoes to put in the one bag. It seems like we take so much, but some items (like a couple of bottles of chocolate raspberry port) will be left at oldest DS's. Still between food, clothing, tinfoil, baggies, coffee (must have coffee) and such the vehicle will be packed to the roof top. I do know Hubby will need his laptop to keep track of Covid, and I will want mine if he brings his. So there are batteries, charging cords, and all sorts of little things to go as well.

Better be getting up early tomorrow is all I can say.

Break is over back to packing and getting supper started.
It’s truly an art to only take things you absolutely need; one I obviously haven’t mastered. Probably you are quite some distance from the nearest store so it’s not like you can go quickly to pick up what you need.

Creative
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

This morning one of my friends brought over giant cinnamon buns. I had half of one with breakfast.

I spent the morning cutting out pattern pieces. I cut out 2 bib patterns, the pieces for a second phone bag.

I now have cut out and ready to sew, 2 gnomes, a bag, 2 bibs, and an elephant.

I fixed a mask that was too tight. I then had to fix my sewing machine. The tension doesn’t hold. I don’t want to take it in to be repaired. I keep forgetting to check it.

Penny
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Evening yall!

A little chilly this evening for us so I've taken to drinking some warm water this evening. I did some decluttering today. I've been slowly decluttering the house. We met today to buy dresses for my DM wedding next month. I've got two weddings I have to attend next month. So its gonna be a little pricey for us.

Tomorrow we are planning a labor day cookout. Im happy to have a long weekend so I have time to work on things. Our secretary is still out so I will have to help out this week. Hoping she comes back soon.

Have a good day yall
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:45 pm Update

Been packing this morning and for part of the afternoon. I am going to take a break now and then later get what I have packed out into the vehicle. I need the floor space to pack some more :lol:

The meat and such will be bought where oldest DS lives, so all we will need is to pull up the cooler and put it in the car along with our luggage in the morning. I still have potatoes, cukes, onion and tomatoes to put in the one bag. It seems like we take so much, but some items (like a couple of bottles of chocolate raspberry port) will be left at oldest DS's. Still between food, clothing, tinfoil, baggies, coffee (must have coffee) and such the vehicle will be packed to the roof top. I do know Hubby will need his laptop to keep track of Covid, and I will want mine if he brings his. So there are batteries, charging cords, and all sorts of little things to go as well.

Better be getting up early tomorrow is all I can say.

Break is over back to packing and getting supper started.
Jackie, I can totally relate. We take everything but the kitchen sink on our vacation as well. I just refuse to buy stuff like toilet paper, coffee, laundry detergent, etc. for the week from a FL grocery store. We'd just end up bringing a lot of it home with us anyway, so it's six of one, half dozen of the other (as my mama used to say). My DH is the brains of all the packing, though. He's so much more organized than I. I gave him a small travel size bottle to put some dishwashing liquid in this morning. He put it in, sealed it in a baggie, then showed it to me. He'd made a label with his label maker: DAWN. He cracks me up.
Patty