Daily Check In - September 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily Check In - September 7, 2021

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning Friends,

I've been awake since a few minutes after 2:00 a.m. For a little bit I thought I might go back to sleep - but then Hope sensed that I was awake and it was a party as far as she was concerned. She has been out and of course is back to sleep - in my bed.

School starts for the masses here today. I will most likely be at work before the buses roll through the village - but will be watchful anyway - for both buses and students walking/waiting for a bus.

DD's online college classes began last week and she has been hard at work on several assignments - in between putting dogs out and walking dogs. She has also been hard at work looking for a home for our former neighbor's (the awful one) cat. He LEFT it - and it doesn't get along with Hope and it's impossible to put Hope out on her run unless we stay out with her. The poor cat is just lost and it's heartbreaking - but he can't stay here permanently.

I am off to check email, make breakfast, and get ready for work. I hope you all have a good day - and I leave you with this question: Why does the second cup of coffee never taste as amazing as the first?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
chocolite

Re: Daily Check In - September 7, 2021

Post by chocolite »

I'm up early too, Sheila. Actually, I haven't been to sleep. I had a feeling last night was going to be "one of those nights" but I made a good faith effort by going to bed and trying my best to go to sleep. No go. Oh well...I got a load of laundry done and finished my short story for this month. I sure am grateful to be retired on days like this, though. It was HARD to do a full, busy day on zero sleep. I'm still hopeful to get an hour or two, but I'm still wide awake, so it's looking less likely.
Patty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I too, am a member of the early riser's club, but it was my normal time.

My DS1 & family did not make it up to our little cookout, but it was nice to visit with DS2, DSisIL and DB2 without the little ones demanding attention.

I left cake and ice cream in Mom and Dad's freezer. (Giggle). Dad will love it. Mom, not so much. I will go over Thursday to set out the trash cans for pickup. I may pick up a Mum to plant in Mon's planter by the door. The Geraniums are on their way out.

So I was asked if I'd be available for a video interview today. So I actually put on makeup. So we will see what happens.

Have a good day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Today I have a dental appointment and then after that I will contact LifeLabs as I have been unable to access Dh’s results. I suspect his account has been hacked as the verification questions have been changed. I keep records of all this stuff and had checked his lab results not long ago. I tell you- those hackers are getting more sophisticated every day! I hope it’s not too long of a process to get things fixed.

Depending on the amount of time I have, I also plan to go to Giant Tiger to take advantage of their extreme food specials and to pick up some fresh produce if it looks good to tide us over until I either do another in person shop or Walmart pickup order. Hopefully some time for a run or walk and the never ending garden maintenance. We disposed of 3/4 of a large bin of apples yesterday outside of the city in a wooded area. We drove to the same spot as two days ago and the apples were gone! The deer and bears are very hungry because of our drought and the presence of bears in our city is increasing. We actually had a bear on our deck one year getting into the BBQ! Only a glass. patio door separating me from the bear! After that incident, we do everything possible to discourage them from coming into our yard. I saw a bear amble across the river path I walk/run almost every day. We already have a raccoon using our backyard as a toilet almost every day. A nuisance for sure! And we keep our garbage in the garage.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Maggie, good luck with your interview!

Today is my birthday, 67. I still think I’m 37. My friend is taking me to lunch at a nearby restaurant today.

I had planned to do some errands this morning but we got yet another torrential rain starting around 9 a.m. it has mostly stopped now. One errand was to renew a CD at a pitiful rate but I was able to do it on the phone just now. I still have to return my dvd to the library. I think I’ll do it on my way to lunch even though it is the opposite direction. After lunch I’ll run to mom’s house to put the trash can back into the garage. Neighbor would do it if I texted him since he stuffed some more clippings in my can but I’ll try to get there.

Pippi’s appointment is 3:30. I won’t get her pill into her three hours ahead but it will have to do. (Friend’s daughter just adopted two kittens so I’ll give her the cat toys I decluttered, many of them new because they came two in the package.I’ll give them to my friend at lunch today for her daughter.)

I’m happy to be relatively healthy and look forward to the coming year.

(On a sad note, it was five years ago today that I lost my uncle. I felt bad at first that he died on my birthday but then realized it would be a day I’d always think of him.)

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:55 am Hello friends.

Today is my birthday, 67. I still think I’m 37. My friend is taking me to lunch at a nearby restaurant today.

Have a good day.
Happy Birthday, Florida. Have a wonderful day and birthday lunch.

Logics