Like a bad dream

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
AuntBridget

Like a bad dream

Post by AuntBridget »

So here I am again.... Just en you think it is safe.....like a bad dream, I show up out of the blue.

Have actually been thinking about all of you a lot.
I can not believe that it has been over a year since I posted. At least that was the last post I could find. We (here in Iowa) were dealing with the aftermath of a derecho. Sad to say, after a 13 months, some folks are still trying to get help.

So lets seen...September 2020-September 2021.....

School finally started in September (was supposed to start in August). Due to covid, we were doing a hybrid kind of thing, where students were at home some days, and at the building. The school I work at was damaged in the storm, so my staff and I were sent to other schools within the district. We didn't actually get to go back to our school until just before Christmas. The school that my son went to didn't open back up until January.

In February hubby was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
In March he was put on medical leave because his tremors would no longer allow him to be on the IV team. He still has not been back to work, but last week was informed that they have found a placement for him. Thank goodness he will still be at the VA.I was extremely worried about losing his benefits, as we have our health insurance through them.

In May, Peter graduated high school....as the saying goes.... The days are long, and the years are fast. He didn't want to participate in the actual ceremony, nor have a party, so I didn't get to do any of the fun celebration stuff that I had dreamt of all those years. Oh well.

In June we took our big trip that we were supposed to take last year. We covered. KY, TN, AL, GA,FL, SC, NC, WV, VA,MS, and of course MO, and IL.

Then in July, we had our 72nd family reunion on the 4th of July. And a few days later, I packed up and went out to SD. Hubby and I took his oldest brother to see Mt. Rushmore as it was one of his bucket list items.

In August I needed a chance to get away on my own. I had looked into renting a cabin. Luckily one of my brothers offered me the use of his RV. He parked it at a very nice county ran campground. It had all the comforts of home (actually more, cause it has a/c) with non of the stress. I ate, slept and did anything else I wanted to, when I wanted to and didn't have to worry about anyone else. It great and I already plan to do a lot more of it next summer.

In late August we had to help our 13+ year old lab, Ms. Bently cross over the rainbow bridge.It broke my heart. She had been Peter's buddy for the past 11 years. It is hard to comfort someone who doesn't like to be hugged. He did allow me to put my hand on his back, while he said his goodbyes. I am so glad we decided to get Bailey ( our havernese/dashaund ) last year, as I think having her around has helped us all adjust.
So, now I am back to work. It is my 9th year with the school district.The 8th year at the same middle school, and 5th ( I think) as manager. We just started our 3rd week of school today, and it has been the longest year EVER. In March of 2020, I had 8 employees and myself. Currently I have 5 employees and myself, and one of those employees is out on medical leave. We are serving about 150 more students each day than we did back then, as everyone is eligible for a free breakfast and a free lunch.

So I guess that brings us today. All I can say, is I'm still fat and sassy, and grateful every day that the Good Lord gave me another day to spend with my loved ones.

Aunt Bridget
ChristmasTrees

Re: Like a bad dream

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good to see a post from you! Crazy that Peter graduated..the time really does fly.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Great to hear from you AuntBridget

Oh your little RV vacation sounds like something I need!
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

AuntBridget wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:46 pm So here I am again.... Just en you think it is safe.....like a bad dream, I show up out of the blue.

Have actually been thinking about all of you a lot.
I can not believe that it has been over a year since I posted. At least that was the last post I could find. We (here in Iowa) were dealing with the aftermath of a derecho. Sad to say, after a 13 months, some folks are still trying to get help.

So lets seen...September 2020-September 2021.....

School finally started in September (was supposed to start in August). Due to covid, we were doing a hybrid kind of thing, where students were at home some days, and at the building. The school I work at was damaged in the storm, so my staff and I were sent to other schools within the district. We didn't actually get to go back to our school until just before Christmas. The school that my son went to didn't open back up until January.

In February hubby was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
In March he was put on medical leave because his tremors would no longer allow him to be on the IV team. He still has not been back to work, but last week was informed that they have found a placement for him. Thank goodness he will still be at the VA.I was extremely worried about losing his benefits, as we have our health insurance through them.

In May, Peter graduated high school....as the saying goes.... The days are long, and the years are fast. He didn't want to participate in the actual ceremony, nor have a party, so I didn't get to do any of the fun celebration stuff that I had dreamt of all those years. Oh well.

In June we took our big trip that we were supposed to take last year. We covered. KY, TN, AL, GA,FL, SC, NC, WV, VA,MS, and of course MO, and IL.

Then in July, we had our 72nd family reunion on the 4th of July. And a few days later, I packed up and went out to SD. Hubby and I took his oldest brother to see Mt. Rushmore as it was one of his bucket list items.

In August I needed a chance to get away on my own. I had looked into renting a cabin. Luckily one of my brothers offered me the use of his RV. He parked it at a very nice county ran campground. It had all the comforts of home (actually more, cause it has a/c) with non of the stress. I ate, slept and did anything else I wanted to, when I wanted to and didn't have to worry about anyone else. It great and I already plan to do a lot more of it next summer.

In late August we had to help our 13+ year old lab, Ms. Bently cross over the rainbow bridge.It broke my heart. She had been Peter's buddy for the past 11 years. It is hard to comfort someone who doesn't like to be hugged. He did allow me to put my hand on his back, while he said his goodbyes. I am so glad we decided to get Bailey ( our havernese/dashaund ) last year, as I think having her around has helped us all adjust.
So, now I am back to work. It is my 9th year with the school district.The 8th year at the same middle school, and 5th ( I think) as manager. We just started our 3rd week of school today, and it has been the longest year EVER. In March of 2020, I had 8 employees and myself. Currently I have 5 employees and myself, and one of those employees is out on medical leave. We are serving about 150 more students each day than we did back then, as everyone is eligible for a free breakfast and a free lunch.

So I guess that brings us today. All I can say, is I'm still fat and sassy, and grateful every day that the Good Lord gave me another day to spend with my loved ones.

Glad to hear from you! Love the name Peter and they grow so quickly! We didn't have graduation celebrations either due to Covid-after all my daughter's hard work in college it took 10 seconds to go across the stage lol! I guess I can't complain because it usually takes HOURS for you just to see your grad and you have to watch everyone else's too! They practically rushed us out the exit and we were done for the day after she walked across! (((hugs to you))). Praying for your husband.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

How wonderful to see a post from you. Like others I can't believe Peter was old enough to graduate. Congratulations.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Congratulations to Peter's graduation.

I hope to see you on here more, although I'm a hit & miss poster myself.