Daily Check-in September 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in September 8, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:55 pm Bonne nuit toute le monde!

Logics,
I hope your little guy turns out to recover quickly! It's so scary to hear of COVID-19 in little kids, or well, anybody as this Delta Variant goes through.

I am fearful for my little kids. Neither parent will vaccinate. I'm not sure why Mom won't maybe because of Dad. Dad doesn't want the "government telling me what to do!!!" He got very angry about it. I didn't bring the subject up. One day as we were going to get his truck from an auto shop, Dayton said, "The movies!" And John said, "Only SOME people get to go there" in a really snide tone. I didn't say anything. He then looked at me, he was driving, and asked if I had gotten the "jab." I said I had as I have high blood pressure and obesity is one of the leading comorbidities that leads to death. He didn't tell me I was wrong or anything but began again on how the government shouldn't be forcing stuff on people. I calmly reminded him that all vaccinations were a person's choice and no one was being forced to do anything. I never discussed it with Zoe but it came up when the school division mandated vaccines for all staff or to have a COVID-19 test 3 times a week. She was purterd that this was going to be an inconvenience to her. Sigh. It's the big disagreement and worry I have for them. I don't tell them I disagree or anything as it wouldn't do anything anyway. I just pray that neither the kids or John or Zoe get sick. John and Zoe are right in the target age of those getting the Delta Variant and not doing well. I worry.

I got some laundry done and some hung to dry over the couch and the rest in the dryer. Next thing is to unload the dishwasher. I can't decide what to have for supper so I made myself two cups of coffee in my French Press. I'm on my second cup and STILL haven't come up with an idea for supper. Hmmm. . .maybe some fish sticks and french fries. That could work. I buy a big box of fish sticks and have 3 at a time. The box last a good long time.

Not much else happening around here. Dayton and Emmitt start school tomorrow, 3rd and first grade respectively. They are really excited and I am looking forward to seeing their first day back to school photos.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
I’m glad that you got vaccinated, MJ.

What are the guidelines for masks in school for Brandon or maybe all of Manitoba? Will Dayton and Emmitt wear masks at school?
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Good Evening !

Has been a beautiful day here in Iowa. Wish we could keep this weather until December 20th, but I know I'm only dreaming.

What a day. Today was my supply truck delivery day. What a headache. So many of the items on our menu are not in stock, so then we have to change menu and make last minute changes to my order. Never really sure what I'm going to receive. Wish they would allow each of us to make our own menus for our respective schools. There are 31 schools in our district, so when we are all trying to order the same thing at the same time, it is likely to create issues. Oh well....guess they didn't ask for my opinion....LOL

Hubby grilled some chicken thighs and then used them to make chicken fajitas. Unfortunately hubby doesn't do very well with planning a whole meal.

Work has been crazy.... In March of 2020 I had 8 employees and myself...So far this school year it has been myself and 4 others. I received a phone call from my cashier whom has been out on medical leave. Seems it will more than likely be another month or two before she is able to come back. She had a knee replaced, and has been struggling with it ever since. She is the first person that I have heard have so many issues, and she isn't even 35 yet !!

So glad this is a short work/school week. Of course some how the 4 day weeks seem to be twice as long as a normal week.

Well, guess I should get off of here and get my stuff organized for work tomorrow. 5 AM comes way too soon.
Aunt Bridget
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:02 pm DH has been a type 1 for over 45 years, it's really amazing that he's alive !!!!

Right now wwe are treating his leg wounds with Triad that stuff does wonders. One of his wounds was the size of Rge Grand Canyon. (Really) it 's scared over now, but they still have me treating it ???

On his toes we are treating it with IODOFLEX, it's helping a bit but .....

The Dr had him do 40 sessions on Hyperbarics , but even though it helped with the leg wounds it really did little to nothing for his toes.

If he gets an infection then we are in trouble.

DH has a DEXCON, but even though his A1C is great that thing goes off all day and night.

Yesterday he must have taken a big shot, he was in the 50's and 60;s for hours, not fun.

And no I have no control over what he does.

he eats ccokies and crakers all day long. He won't eat anything that I bake so it 's store bought, AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGG

IC

Sorry about the vent.
IC I understand your frustration. I just do not get why people knowingly eat like that when they see so much damage being done. It is ok to treat yourself occasionally but the daily cheating is doing damage. Sad. I feel for you since you are having to do so much for him.. It takes a toll on you as well as him. Vent all you need to. I understand. ((hug)). Your friend, Janet

PS picked up my antibiotic. Turns out the NP had ordered tablets but my insurance would only pay for capsules.. what the heck is the difference?..lol.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:44 am Hel

Janet, you were smart to take the initiative to go to your NP to check out your pain and the wound. I hope that you get the antibiotic today.

Thanks Florida Cat I picked the RX up today. For some reason my insurance would not pay for tablets but they would pay for capsules. Do not know what the difference is?
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:43 pm IC I understand your frustration. I just do not get why people knowingly eat like that when they see so much damage being done. It is ok to treat yourself occasionally but the daily cheating is doing damage. Sad. I feel for you since you are having to do so much for him.. It takes a toll on you as well as him. Vent all you need to. I understand. ((hug)). Your friend, Janet

PS picked up my antibiotic. Turns out the NP had ordered tablets but my insurance would only pay for capsules.. what the heck is the difference?..lol.
Janet, thank you so much, you are bringing tears to my eyes.

Your friend IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:14 am Janet, thank you so much, you are bringing tears to my eyes.

Your friend IC
(((hug))) Take care of yourself as well. I know it is not easy to find the time but do something good for yourself too. You deserve it!
Janet Alliesmama