Daily Check-in September 10, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Daily Check-in September 10, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning good people

Nice cool morning - finall!
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 10, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

I cannot believe I am up so early!

I got up at 7:30 - let out some of the dogs and just stayed up. The weather is so nice - 68 degrees! I guess this is why I am awake - don't want to miss it.

The heat makes me all blah.

Not sure what I will do today. Probably the things I didn't do yesterday. We had quite a situation in a town down the road. A lady went to their city hall, stripped naked and tried to take people hostage. They all got away. She was in there for over 9 hours. They finally were able to take her in and get her to a hospital. But it was scary, cuz we all figured it would sadly be some mass shooting! You never know.

All kinds of law enforcement agencies were there. And of course the whole thing live streamed.

Well off to get a second cup of coffee - have a great safe day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am tired this morning, but I woke up much too early at about 5:30. I got up at 5:45. I have groceries due between 9:30 and 10:30 this morning.

They only took off the Golden Oreos off my list. But I am getting everything else. Including the display board that I will tape together to use as a mat to cut out patterns with scissors. I have another mat to use cut straight items. With a rolling cutter, very similar to a pizza cutter.

I bought the fixings to make pineapple chicken. I decided on drumsticks as that is currently my favorite part of the chicken.

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Pineapple chicken sounds delicious, Penny.

I am at a lull at the moment and taking my coffee break, which consists of some ice water as I don't feel like coffee. Had a bit of a bummy tummy this morning, though it seems to have passed off. I was ten minutes late to work because of it, but we're not on a time clock.

Got a Zoom meeting after lunch that I still need to study up for, but otherwise hope the day is quiet.

Hope all of you have a peaceful day too.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:43 am I cannot believe I am up so early!

I got up at 7:30 - let out some of the dogs and just stayed up. The weather is so nice - 68 degrees! I guess this is why I am awake - don't want to miss it.

The heat makes me all blah.

Not sure what I will do today. Probably the things I didn't do yesterday. We had quite a situation in a town down the road. A lady went to their city hall, stripped naked and tried to take people hostage. They all got away. She was in there for over 9 hours. They finally were able to take her in and get her to a hospital. But it was scary, cuz we all figured it would sadly be some mass shooting! You never know.

All kinds of law enforcement agencies were there. And of course the whole thing live streamed.

Well off to get a second cup of coffee - have a great safe day.
Clem, I thought that type of thing only happened in Florida. There’s even a Twitter feed for “FloridaMan” with links to real, bizarre news stories.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

It’s raining hard again here. The ground is so saturated.

Pippi’s appointment is mid-afternoon. Until the I’m working on my puzzle which is about half complete. I have half of my pad Thai from yesterday’s lunch for my dinner tonight.

Not much else. A rainy, dreary day.

Stay safe.