Daily Check-in September 10, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in September 10, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:47 am Clem, I thought that type of thing only happened in Florida. There’s even a Twitter feed for “FloridaMan” with links to real, bizarre news stories.
Well after about an hour or so, they said it was a female and I knew who it was!

I don't know the woman personally but she would post all sorts of "off" things on Facebook pages. One page finally kicked her off

She had worked for the city and said they did all sorts of things to her. She did get a settlement out of it. But darn she had other issues after that with ex husband etc. And she always just liked to take pics of herself in a bikini - so basically liked to wear as little as possible - so I am not surprised she undressed right there - :mrgreen:

She does need help and hopefully she will be okay.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have been up and already made my trip to the DG. I could have waited till tomorrow to take advantage of the 5 off 25 but didn't have a coupon to do that and the more I thought about it the more I realized I didn't want to be out on 9/11.

I was able to ask the neighbor about getting the adopted granddaughter from Haiti...she arrived and even though they didn't have some sort of added paper they were able to get what they needed at the airport and now she is here and all seems to be going well. I am so happy for them.
She was adopted out of an orphanage in Port a Prince and is used to being around a lot of kids and authority figures and now is living the life of an only child. My neighbor said it is an adjustment but seems to be going okay. She is in school and loves it, is like a sponge just soaking it all in.

It is starting out the day cooler and the weather dude says 90's possible till Tuesday. We need rain, it is very dusty everywhere.
Tomorrow our fallen hero will be brought home and the services are scheduled for Tuesday, It will be live streamed.

I will do the usual house chores today and hopefully spend some time outside....unless it gets too hot.

JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

This is turning into one horrible week. Despite being vaccinated, both my niece and her son's father have also tested positive for COVID. He works at home so it's no real problem, but she works in a doctor's office and despite the fact she sent proof of the positive sign, the office manager doesn't believe her. What a mess. I'm trying to stay out of it because I don't want my sister coming back at me and saying "but you said". She's done that one time too many to me.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Logics, I am so sorry to hear that. :(

In a tiny bit of cheerful news, I used the "get $5 off your meal" coupon at the campus dining hall, having forgotten that today was $5 Friday there, and thus my meal was free. I had delicious fried pollack with cornmeal breading, oven fried red potatoes, green beans with sweet red peppers and herbs, and a yummy oatmeal raisin cookie.

Although I brought more leftover spaghetti today, I just could not face any more of the stuff. Way too much of a good thing.
Mackie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

I had a lovely morning walk with a former teacher colleague friend and we had a patio visit outside with some nice hot tea and treats so she could have a look at my recent vacation photos. So great to see her in person once again. We used to see each other bi weekly at walking club, run by our 55 Plus Centre. We are both so, so excited that our community programs are resuming! Outside walks, outside photography club and some indoor stuff too with a limit of 10 participants and proof of both vaccines.

I did a quick pickup of the house first thing but honestly our home is pretty guest ready at any time. Just gets a bit messy, never really dirty. She didn’t come inside anyways but since she’s fully vaccinated and Covid conscious, at this point I would have been comfortable anyway.

This afternoon I will spend some time working on the yard. I managed to do the apple clean up this morning but the plants need dead heading and I have some blue irises ( perennial) to plant. A neighbour was giving them away - had thinned out their garden.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:12 pm This is turning into one horrible week. Despite being vaccinated, both my niece and her son's father have also tested positive for COVID. He works at home so it's no real problem, but she works in a doctor's office and despite the fact she sent proof of the positive sign, the office manager doesn't believe her. What a mess. I'm trying to stay out of it because I don't want my sister coming back at me and saying "but you said". She's done that one time too many to me.
It’s a shame Logics - just goes to show you no matter how careful you may be, that darn Delta variant can take hold. I wish them both a very speedy recovery!

Creative