Daily Check in Sept 11, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 11, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Sept 11, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

I posted, waited a couple of beats to see if anyone posted at the same time.

I think I am ok.

Anyways, good morning,

Somber day, however it is also DBs birthday.
I am working. I have already created a set of work instructions for creating a daily report. All's quiet here.
Not much to report. This has typically been my grocery shopping day. I like to go early while the stores are still quiet. I will need to hop in somewhere and get some milk. Maybe I will change to Monday Morning. But of course, this coming Monday I need to go get my fasting bloodwork taken for my appointment on the 21st. I don't think the results will be great. I have been unable to curtail a lot of my eating. I think it is stress and frustration.

Have a great day,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello Maggie and all.

Maggie, at least you have two days off in a row with your new work schedule. I once had a job with Thursdays and Sundays off and I never felt rested.

I am watching the 9/11 ceremonies. They are reading the names and it strikes me that so many were young. Most were under age 55 and it looks like 50% or more were in their 20s or 30s. That is a difference from the Covid deaths.

Presidents Biden, Obama and Clinton were all at the NYC ceremony. President Bush is in Shanksville but I wish he had been in NY to show bipartisan unity. President Biden is going to the Pentagon and Shanksville so maybe he will be with Bush there.

On 9/11/2001 I heard the news driving to work. We only had a small black-and-white TV (with aluminum foil on the antenna) in our art department. The Internet was overwhelmed and was using stripped down, text-only websites. BBC was the easiest to access online. I was supposed to host a baby shower at a restaurant at lunch. Instead I went home early. The most tragic part was the following days with families posting photos around NYC of their loved ones hoping they were alive.

I plan to stay home today and will work on my puzzle, do a few chores and some computer work.

Have a good day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Yes also reading about the events of 20 years ago. I was active duty, so the base was locked down and we all were on alert. Doors of all buildings locked with only one entrance that was guarded.

Every vehicle searched as they drove in

Things were never the same.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have had a very quiet morning so far. I have no big plans for the day. I set up my watch with a Mickey Mouse face. I love it.

I cleaned my stovetop. I have one burner bowl still to wash. I sprayed it with the new Dawn spray it really works well.

I also pulled out a bunch of things that had fallen between the dryer and the wall. I have no idea what is behind the dryer. As I didn’t look.

I finished loading and set off the dishwasher.

Penny
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello all,

I awoke early to make a jello salad for a funeral dinner at 1pm. I discover that dh had gotten up even earlier and made it for me.

I’m now listening/watching a 9/11 musical special by The Tabernacle Choir. Later, after breakfast & putting GF bread into machine, I’ll watch more 9/11 specials. I’ve got our flag hung out too. This day holds such tender, bittersweet memories for me.❤️😢

At noon, I’ll go help with this funeral dinner. It is my first time helping, so I’m a bit nervous.

We having been hearing all about today being touted as a National Day of Service. My church congregation is helping clean up a nearby walking park--ds18 is heading over there now. Oddly, they didn't want anyone under age 16 coming, but maybe they want to get a lot of work done w/put small children.

Later this afternoon, if I still have any energy left after funeral dinner, I’m going to make a 9x13 pan of Frozen Lemon Pie. I need to buy more lemons to make the lemon curd.

I’m off now. Have a great day!🙂