Daily Check-In September 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-In September 12, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
i had a rather long inclusive post and while I was writing, poof it was gone.

Weather nice today, breezy and warm...thawed the last of the combo lo mien. Usual Sunday activities and minimum house chores.
The rest of the Fall decor has been placed and instead of buying mums to flank the front door I used my over abundance of artificial flowers and leaves.
I usually have a green thumb but cannot seem to get the mums to last all season so decided I am not buying them this year.

JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

Chocolite (Patty) delighted to hear you made it to Florida safely and that your condo is lovely with a nice view. I think a change of scenery always does your soul good. I know my recent trip with my daughters was exactly the type of reset button I needed.

This morning went by quickly. Got up at my usual 5:30 and folded the hanging laundry and put it away. Wanting it to be quiet, I watched some Marie Condo on Netflix while eating my breakfast. Washed up some blackberries to go on top of my steelcut oats. Trying to eat a little healthier as I have been baking a lot of sweets. After breakfast, I then checked out the grocery fliers and made note of the bargains.

Once everyone was awake, I headed outside and worked on the garden - yet more “apple picking”, the never ending weeding, dead heading and harvesting of some radicchio leaves, basil and parsley. I haven’t watered anything yet but plan to this afternoon. I used some drawer organizers which didn’t fit in my dresser in Dh’s dresser and straighten out his underwear/pj drawe and his t-shirts. I am now convinced they save a lot of space. I used the two smallest containers for my undies which I now keep on the top shelf of my closet. It sure gives my bras much more space to breathe!, 😂 And this morning I also made a trip to Bulk Barn, to use a $5 off coupon if you spend $20 or more and got some unsweetened almond milk and licorice as a treat for Dd2 ( on sale) from Shoppers. Those two stores are almost side by side.

Well off to do that watering. Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:09 pm I wrote a longer message but it did not post. Bummer.

The highlight is my aide has covid. She has to quarantine until the 18th. I am going to self quarantine too just to be on the safe side. Although we did use the appropriate procedures when she came to work. She had the J&J vaccine. People please do not get too comfortable about having had a vaccine and think you are safe.

The wound on my leg is healing nicely with the antibiotic.

Stay frugal and safe.
I'm thankful that the antibiotic is working :D

only has to quaratine until the 18th??? interesting when BB (the dog) had kennel cough she and the other two dogs had to quararione for 3 weeks.

IC

PS I know that you and your aids aren't dogs
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Doing some organizing

So many empty chewy boxes - well only two for now - but they are big

I need to re-do my orders. Break them up so the boxes won't be so big. We don't recycle here

I used to put them in my veggie beds and think I will start doing that again. I will be moving the frames to the back back yard. Do the compost thing with the boxes. Hate to see them just in the garbage can.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:56 pm I'm thankful that the antibiotic is working :D

only has to quaratine until the 18th??? interesting when BB (the dog) had kennel cough she and the other two dogs had to quararione for 3 weeks.

IC

PS I know that you and your aids aren't dogs
She has probably already had it for a week and this will add another week. They say to quarantine for 14 days or until you have a negative test.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:15 pm She has probably already had it for a week and this will add another week. They say to quarantine for 14 days or until you have a negative test.

She had to wait for three days to get her test results. Also she started showing symptoms a few days before she went for her tests.
Janet Alliesmama