Daily Check-In September 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Daily Check-In September 12, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I got up early again today. Went to bed early too.

Not too bad out there. In the mid 70s - which is great for us

I've had my coffee. Part of the pack has been out.

Catching up on world news. Will be jumping the the shower soon and getting this day started

Laters
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In September 12, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Clem, I posted at exactly the same time as you so I deleted that thread.

Slightly drippy out this morning, but I need to take a bit of a walk. I will just make sure to have a hood up.

Holiday was wonderful, but oh is it nice to be in our own bed once again. As you can tell from the time I have slept in. I probably needed that as I did not sleep well at eldest DS's place.

Started one small load of washing this morning, that being the quilts we took with us to Jasper. They really smelled badly of smoke during our fireplace fiasco. Pretty sure lots of other things stink as well but today it will just be coats, and quilts getting washed (well unless I feel energetic, which is highly doubtful).

I also need to make a loaf of bread today. Youngest DS managed to finish off the last baked one, we still have enough from what I brought home to have for breakfast, but that is all. No oven as of yet, but as I know the part is in (guy phoned while we were on holiday so hopefully some time next week) this time will once again see me using the machine for baking.

I borrowed two recipe books from eldest's rather extensive collection (it has grown quite a bit since we were last there) and plan on going through them to find some wonderful new recipes. This winter it will definitely be time to try new things, especially if we are being asked to stay away from others once again (I think it may come to that).

I plan on stocking up on a few more things this week when I go shopping. I am aiming to get so that I can manage on only heading out twice a month this winter and then working on getting down to only going once a month. This will mean figuring out a way to get long lasting produce, and making sure I have enough dairy. Wish me luck as I am going to try this starting this month.

Other than that, I will be making a list of cleaning for next month, putting the finishing touches on the prayer shawl, working on the scarf, and planning what the next project will be (I think cutting up my friend's Dad's clothing). I actually hope to finish a few smaller projects this week.

Supper tonight will be chicken breasts made into chicken marsala, served with rice, and if I can manage to get into the garden without getting too muddy sliced cukes, tomatoes and peppers.

Today I am grateful for the wonderful trip we had.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Today I was able to keep my usual routine. Although I still need to got to the grocery store today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow. I think Mom and Dad made it home. I talked to the yesterday and they were several hours out. There ia get-together for my Uncle's 75th birthday at the local pizza joint, then DGS4 has a t-ball game @3 and DGS7's game is at 5:00.

Tomorrow morning I need to get my fasting bloodwork taken.

Last night I did meet support group friends for dinner and then to an outdoor concert. I needed it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good monring

As you can tell my spell check is still not working , I need to call the GEEK squade, I pay $200 a year for them to fix stuff like this, maybe later today.

took some tomatoes to SIL yesterday, spent a few hours there , MIL looks "good" ( good beoing very relitive) SIL has stopped the morphe.

SIL wants her mother to reach 91 next month, then ?????

SIL had one son, she raised him with her 2nd husband, her x husband has COVID, and "they" are telling him that he needs to take his father in.

Some back ground, the father DIDN'T take any care of son, and we aren't just talking about no child suppoet, it's the times that son waited for father and he didn't come , kid was heart brocken.

More back gronnd, son is a single father to his 2, 3 year olds, he is separted from his wife and he has aleays bee nthe primary care giver, his wife left and hasn't seen the kids in months.

He told "them" that his father didn't take care of him when he was little, so why should he take care of him???

The medical people don't care about that , but I don't see how they can make him take him in.

My DH is calling it "the chickens have come home to roost"

IC
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I haven’t done much this morning, I did empty the dishwasher and put the few dishes in my sink into it.

I cut the gingham so that I only had the section with my Scottie Dogs on it. I will cut them later. Once they are cut they need to be sewn.

I am going to make some rice for my dinner, I used up the last of the precooked rice bowls. I have more on my order for H-E-B. I Usually make rice in the microwave. I will also have to make some salad dressing. I didn’t order any this time.

I am again going to have the pineapple chicken for my dinner. I don’t think I have any more pineapple chunks left. I do have another small can so I might add some of those. But they won’t be the same.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I wrote a longer message but it did not post. Bummer.

The highlight is my aide has covid. She has to quarantine until the 18th. I am going to self quarantine too just to be on the safe side. Although we did use the appropriate procedures when she came to work. She had the J&J vaccine. People please do not get too comfortable about having had a vaccine and think you are safe.

The wound on my leg is healing nicely with the antibiotic.

Stay frugal and safe.
Janet Alliesmama