Daily Check-In September 12, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
AuntBridget

Re: Daily Check-In September 12, 2021

Post by AuntBridget »

Just a quick check in before heading off to bed.

This weekend was the 3 annual weekend get away with my 3 sisters. We went camping again in a lovely KOA cabin. It is an enjoyable time. We split the cost, and the work. Spent the weekend just catching up and sharing memories.
My oldest sister is 15 years older than I, sister #2 is 9.5 years older, and sister #3 is 8 years older.

Before we left we made reservations for next year, even though we talked about changing it up a bit and doing a hotel and dinner and theater and site seeing.
I am just happy that we are all in agreement to keep the tradition alive.

Well off to bed. Another work week ahead.
Aunt Bridget
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

jckitty wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:57 pm Update:

The procession for the local Fallen Hero went right by my road, I didn't go down to the highway because it was super crowded. There was a wonderful fly by that lasted a long time...I just stood in my yard and did some prayers and contemplation. I was told there were 3000 motorcycles in the procession but don't know if that is accurate. The jets were sobering and a beautiful tribute. Service and burial are Tuesday.

I heard also today that another of my mom's siblings passed away today...she has had Alzheimer's for 6 years. The last 2 years have been really bad for my cousins. They kept her at home and it was very peaceful. No idea about services yet and will make my decision on attendance when details are given.
The brother will be out of town and said even if he were here he doubted he would attend as the virus is really bad in my area. They are overrun in the local ER's and the express med had lines out the doors.
The brother had to take his father in law to the ER for heart issues and said he had to battle his way in and it wasn't pretty.
I don't know these things because i just do not get out and around. I bought extra dog and cat food at the DG the other day...I am glad i did. IF the brother says it's bad, it must be....he even finally got vaxxed !!! He is a tRumper and was adamantly opposed before...don't know what changed his mind, just glad he did.
Have to admit I am shocked too...he was so vocal in his opposition.

i sorted dresser drawers this afternoon...ridiculous how much stuff that qualifies as rags I had stuffed in there.

JCKitty
I'm sorry about your aunt.

What wonderful kids she had.

Scary for your brother," battling" into a hospital.

IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

AuntBridget wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:22 pm Just a quick check in before heading off to bed.

This weekend was the 3 annual weekend get away with my 3 sisters. We went camping again in a lovely KOA cabin. It is an enjoyable time. We split the cost, and the work. Spent the weekend just catching up and sharing memories.
My oldest sister is 15 years older than I, sister #2 is 9.5 years older, and sister #3 is 8 years older.

Before we left we made reservations for next year, even though we talked about changing it up a bit and doing a hotel and dinner and theater and site seeing.
I am just happy that we are all in agreement to keep the tradition alive.

Well off to bed. Another work week ahead.
Aunt Bridget. Glad you were able to get together with your DS's and enjoy their company. I would give anything to be able to get together with my siblings. The last time we were able to be together was in 2013 in Mexico. My DS was still alive and she brought her two DD's to my brothers condo in Mexico. She has since passed. Enjoy their friendship while you can.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:57 pm Update:

The procession for the local Fallen Hero went right by my road, I didn't go down to the highway because it was super crowded. There was a wonderful fly by that lasted a long time...I just stood in my yard and did some prayers and contemplation. I was told there were 3000 motorcycles in the procession but don't know if that is accurate. The jets were sobering and a beautiful tribute. Service and burial are Tuesday.

I heard also today that another of my mom's siblings passed away today...she has had Alzheimer's for 6 years. The last 2 years have been really bad for my cousins. They kept her at home and it was very peaceful. No idea about services yet and will make my decision on attendance when details are given.
The brother will be out of town and said even if he were here he doubted he would attend as the virus is really bad in my area. They are overrun in the local ER's and the express med had lines out the doors.
The brother had to take his father in law to the ER for heart issues and said he had to battle his way in and it wasn't pretty.
I don't know these things because i just do not get out and around. I bought extra dog and cat food at the DG the other day...I am glad i did. IF the brother says it's bad, it must be....he even finally got vaxxed !!! He is a tRumper and was adamantly opposed before...don't know what changed his mind, just glad he did.
Have to admit I am shocked too...he was so vocal in his opposition.

i sorted dresser drawers this afternoon...ridiculous how much stuff that qualifies as rags I had stuffed in there.

JCKitty
I’m sorry for the loss of your aunt, Kitty. Her children who cared for her earned another star in their crowns (as my mom would say.)

Very good and surprising that your brother got vaxxed. I wonder if he has a friend or co-worker who got very sick or died from Covid and that was a wake-up call. I doubt it was a workplace requirement because I think that would just make him defiant about the virus.