Daily Check-In, September 13, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-In, September 13, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept well. Really wanted to stay in bed longer, but thought better not. I had lots of dreams last night. Several with my mom in them. And we were all living in the family house, even my older brothers. But we were all adults. Strange

It is cloudy out there. Tropical Storm Nicholas is on the way. Hopefully we only get rain. And just enough - no flooding.

I have a couple of things I want to do today. Yesterday, I did a lot more than I expected myself to do. So today I can sort of relax. Not that I don't anyway. :mrgreen:

I've had my coffee and am ready for the day - Have a great one.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Busy day here. DH is closing the pool and I am Fall cleaning.
Jackie..good luck with your every two weeks grocery shopping..I am trying to do the same.
Leaving tomorrow for a four day camping trip. Taking the kayaks...bikes..and tent. Storing the kayaks when we get back. My kids will be in and out so I don't have to worry about the house or plants.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
According to the weather dude we are to have a week long stretch of warm weather. I have laundry on the lines and will probably give the dog a bath this afternoon so will have dog towels and rugs to hang out also.

I want him bathed before I clean the floors...I need to do some stuff outside today, It will be warm but hopefully breezy.

I am really hoping the furniture delivery to DD happens this week so I can get the stuff from the parents house here at my house for placement and use. There are 6 cane bottomed chairs that I need to re-cane but I think I will wait until cold weather to do so....it's an inside job so waiting until cold weather makes sense.

Like I posted yesterday, I cleaned dresser drawers yesterday, today I will sort out he donatable stuff and package for donations the rest will go into the rag bag or trash after buttons and such are removed.

Off to get started again.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went to the store to get basics.

I thought I had pinto beans but no! I need to keep them on hand. So I am making a pot of beans. Good for this weather.

I also bought beef cheek meat. That is what is used to make barbacoa. I've eaten it, but have never made it. We buy it from the local stand every other week or so. They only sell on the weekends. It is like a weekend breakfast meal around here - Big Red and Barbacoa. Big Red is a soda. I can't stand it - way too sweet. They even have a festival in San Antonio based on Big Red and Barbacoa! Anything for food - lol.

They are having a fideo festival. Fideo is vermicelli. We love it. So easy to make.

When I left the store, I got rained on. So the edge of the storm is here!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good afternoon, frugal friends. I brought leftovers from a meal out with DH over the weekend for my brown bag lunch today. There's a Greek restaurant we like that has delicious food and such huge portions that a meal feeds me and provides enough leftovers for three work lunches.

We ate there Saturday on the patio, which was lovely and breezy. For once I remembered to bring a big Rubbermaid container for my leftovers, so as not to inflict another Styrofoam take-out box on the landfill.

I did not sleep well last night, as I was awake a long time thinking about my friend whose adult daughter died of Covid. I heard back from her Sunday and she is just devastated. My friend is the only liberal person in her entire family: the others are stubborn right-wing conservatives, and I would hate it even more if her daughter died due to the anti-vax cause. But I don't know and now is not the time to ask.

Today after I work I must go to CVS to pick up a prescription (their automatic reminder system is nagging the starch out of me) and put gas in my car at the Walmart market. I should have done both yesterday, but got involved in doing quite a bit of cooking. DH was under the weather from working overnight, and I made him oven barbecue with carrots cooked in the sauce -- he loves it that way -- to perk him up. Which it did and he now has leftovers for lunch for a few days.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Very accomplished day! DH got the pool closed..a huge job. I got the little pool room all cleaned..pool towels washed..dried and stored...Little refrigerator cleaned and turned off. And...we are all packed up for tomorrow.
heading out to DGD's soccer game.
Mackie...."nagging the starch out of me"!!!!! LOL!