Regarding COVID vaccines

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Regarding COVID vaccines

Post by alliesmama4 »

My aide had the J&J and was exposed to covid through an adult granddaughter. She in turn went on vacation with her brother. At the time she was not aware that she was infected. Both of them had been vaccinated. Her brother had Pfizer and he came down with covid after their trip. They had been together for days without masks. Although they did wear masks when they were out and about. She by this time was aware that she might have covid so wore a mask in the car on their way home. However she had already exposed her brother not aware she had covid. He went to his Dr and he does have covid. He had received the Pfizer vaccine. His Dr told him he has been seeing more breakthrough cases with Pfizer than any other. My pulmonary Dr told me she was a breakthrough case of covid and she had received the Moderna. So not sure which is the best or the worst. Just remember to not get too comfortable or causal with not doing the right thing after you get your shot.. ie wear masks, wash hands, and social distance. Good luck.
Janet Alliesmama
Quilter51

Re: Regarding COVID vaccines

Post by Quilter51 »

Gayle I got moderna. My side-effects were minimal. With the second I had so.ehot flashes and tiredness but was gone in 12 hours. Im.aiming for my booster in a few weeks. Just as a comparison, compared to the shingles covid was a walk in a sunny park.