Regarding COVID vaccines

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Regarding COVID vaccines

Post by gaylejackson2 »

HI all,

It's now past the 60 day wait time, so I'm getting my Covid vaccine this week. I'm just curious which one(s) you got and if you had any side effects.

I have heard that there is one that is more effective for women, and one rated for children 12+ but I cannot remember which is which.

Thanks,
Gayle
MackerelCat

Re: Regarding COVID vaccines

Post by MackerelCat »

My whole household got Moderna. The three of us who had previously had Covid had some side effects from it that basically mirrored our experiences having Covid: fever, muscle aches, fatigue, but it passed off very quickly each time. The one who had not had Covid (Homeless Buddy) just noted that he felt a little tired and went to bed earlier the evening of each shot. He woke up feeling fine the next day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Pfizer is the only one recommended for children over 12. Also the one that has applied for approval for 5-11.

It is the one I had. I don’t know which is supposedly better for women. I am 81 and immune compromised from leukemia. I have had 3 doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

It gave me a sore arm, and I was very tired for 2 days.

My doctor had a fever for a day or so. Everyone usually has a slightly different reaction.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Like Mackie, I had the Moderna vaccine. First shot I had no reaction except a sore arm. Second shot I had a very sore arm and at first felt fine but after about 12 hours I had chills, a headache and was very tired. That lasted about 12 hours.

Also, awhile after the vaccine I noticed three red rash like spots on my upper arm where I had the vaccine. Not the spot of the needle but on another part of my upper arm. I still have three faint red rash spots. They never hurt or felt different in any way. I’m still not sure they are from the vaccine but I assume so. After reading something similar in the NYT not long ago I googled it and a known side effect of the Moderna is a rash in some people.

In recent weeks I’ve read that the Moderna gives more protection longer but who knows if that is always true.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I had the Moderna

Sore arm after a day. It hurt to lift it more than halfway up. I just took it easy for a couple of days. Drank my Pedialyte and rested.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Moderna here as well. Both of us got that one here.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/