Regarding COVID vaccines

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Regarding COVID vaccines

Post by mbrudnic »

Pfizer for me. Sore arm, that is it.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

My hubby had the Moderna shots and Dd1, Dd2 and I had the Pfizer. None of us had any significant side effects except a stiff arm and slight headache after the second shot.

I believe the Pfizer vaccine is more readily used with young people 12 plus, at least here in Canada.

I sincerely hope whatever vaccine you choose, that it works out well. The Johnson and Johnson is not approved in Canada.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I had the Moderna. With the first shot I got a slight fever 24 hours later that lasted one day and my sleeve brushing against the injection site when I moved my arm was a bit sensitive. With the second shot, no fever, but I did get the "red" lump around the injection site that disappeared after a week.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I just remembered, Gayle, that after the first Moderna shot, I developed an enlarged lymph node in the armpit on the side where I got the shot. It went away before it was time for the second shot. It is a known possible side effect and is harmless. Knowing you've had breast cancer and would be especially wary of any odd lumps, I thought I should tell you that.

All of us who had Covid and then received the shots had more side effects because our immune systems were primed to react. But on the plus side, we apparently have kick-a** antibodies now. :-D
Mackie
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

I got the Moderna at Walgreens. First one I had a sore arm, but not bad. That was the only side affect. The second shot my arm was VERY sore and could barely pick up my coffee cup! No other side affects at all except all I wanted to do was sleep. So I did. Laid down about 4:00 and slept straight through till morning! My niece got the Pfizer vax at CVS. She didn't have much in the way of side affects either. Sore arm but that's all with both. Her daughter is back in school and I worry about her since our stupid governor has put a ban on masks. Just plain stupid. Saw a meme online this morning that said people say they would take a bullet for their country. But they won't take a shot for their neighbors. Again...stupid!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:47 pm I just remembered, Gayle, that after the first Moderna shot, I developed an enlarged lymph node in the armpit on the side where I got the shot. It went away before it was time for the second shot. It is a known possible side effect and is harmless. Knowing you've had breast cancer and would be especially wary of any odd lumps, I thought I should tell you that.

All of us who had Covid and then received the shots had more side effects because our immune systems were primed to react. But on the plus side, we apparently have kick-a** antibodies now. :-D
Yes, I’ve read that you should wait several weeks or a month after the shot to have a mammogram so you won’t get a false reading. I did this because my mammogram was due about three weeks after my second shot. I waited - actually waited about six weeks after my mammogram was due.