Daily Check In September 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In September 14, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In September 14, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Lost my post, I hit the wrong button so here we go once again.

Slept hard last night and managed to get up just a bit before my usual time of 6. That is a good thing as today will be jam packed with things that need doing.

I have made my grocery list for the next two weeks (with a few additions for the pantry) but will probably add a few things to make sure we go the entire two weeks without shopping. I find myself quite happy to stay out of the stores as much as possible at this point in time. The rise in cases of the Delta variant is getting to me. I still wear my mask and sanitize, but so many people are not doing so that it can be overwhelming at times.

Once again I have a long to do list, mainly because of the garden and getting the produce in and sorted. Then of course there is grocery shopping, and getting our monthly meds (I do hope the doc sent the script to the pharmacy). I also have a couple of tasks from yesterday that I did not accomplish. One of which is because I thought the repairman would be here to fix our oven in the afternoon....so floors did not get mopped. That will need doing today. The other job that I need to do from yesterday is harvest and dehydrate some more herbs. The harvest will be a bit scant this time around, but considering how quickly the trees are turning colour I know needs to be done before the first frost.

I also did not get the clothing cut up and ready to be made into squares. I decided to finish a scarf (which still isn't completed) first. That will be done by this afternoon.

Lucky I can pay all the bills online this morning and save some time that way. Though I do have to use the ATM to get our allowances out, but that can be done on the way to pick up our meds.

So that is my day in a nutshell. I hope to have time this afternoon to finish the scarf, and plan the next evening knitting project (probably another scarf) and get the cotton clothing out of the sewing/craft room to start cutting apart.

Supper tonight is the leftovers from our Sunday meal. Lots of fresh cukes and tomatoes to use up as well.

Today I am grateful for early morning rising.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

We got more rain last night. I hope that Texas does not get flooding from Hurricane Nicholas which is now onshore.

This morning I’m hoping to get my flu shot. If they don’t have time, I’ll try another day. I’ll also get groceries, hopefully for the week. (From what I see on the website, I’ll get a container of ice cream or frozen yogurt free for my birthday.) Then I plan to go to the library.

This afternoon Pippi has her appointment. She hasn’t been eating great. She’ll get her B vitamin shot (once a month) today so I hope that helps.

Even though I’m trying to declutter and puzzles take up a lot of space, I ordered two Christmas puzzles which are scheduled to arrive today. One is a caroling scene (which I had asked for a notification when available) and one is Christmas stamps. My dad was a big stamp collector and I have all his albums. (Like FDR, stamp collecting was something dad could do in a wheelchair after his first stroke.) I’ve always loved stamps, too.

Have a good day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I just heard on National Public Radio that US consumer prices went up 5.2 percent in August. Totally believe that! However, the financial bigwigs think inflation is peaking.

I did get to the pharmacy and gas station yesterday. It was a bit over $17 to fill up, as I let the tank get too low, a little under 3/4 of the way down. Usually fill up at the half down mark, having never gotten over Hurricane Katrina-induced gas crisis.

Our old kitty, who has been pulling out his fur, saw the vet yesterday. The diagnosis is a flea saliva allergy. He does not have fleas, but apparently has such a severe allergy that a single flea bite months ago set off this reaction and he's been yanking out his fur in response to itching. Poor old guy! The vet gave him a steroid shot that's supposed to last a month and in that time he should start growing fur back. He already seemed to feel better by the evening.

I must confess to some entirely self-indulgent spending this week, having bought two new e-books on sale. Alice Hoffman's prequel to "Practical Magic" was released and was a BookBub deal at $2.99, and Mary Roach's new book "Fuzz" was released with $5 off as a pre-order. So nowhere near as expensive as it could have been, with two books for about $12.

I also ordered three blouses off Swap.com because lately we are being required to show up wearing university colors at meetings and for photographs, and I own nothing in those colors. (One of the colors looks really bad on me.) With a lot of looking, I found three blouses using those colors that should be acceptable and not look horrible on me. That came to $33 with shipping.

That, I hope, is it for the week!

Hope you all have a calm day.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
Sunny and rather pleasant at the moment. Supposed to be high 80s today with rain tonight.

Still wading through medical stuff. Mammogram and bone density tests today, and if all is well, that should be the last of the "maintenance." Winding down on physical therapy, too — am a bit sore from yesterday's session.

Trying to sew new face masks for DH ... elastic snapped on 2 of them and it's easier to just to make new masks. Trying out a new pattern — had to find the video tutorial because I couldn't make heads or tails of the written directions.

Garden is winding down ... would like the rest of my tomatoes to ripen. Otherwise, just trying (not always succeeding) to keep up with stuff around the house.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Sunny and bright here. Looks like the storm passed us. We just had some wind and a light rain. Probably didn't even rain enough to show up in a rain gauge.

Slept okay - did get up several times. Kept hearing things. The COD cooking at 5am for example. :roll:

Had more weird dreams. But I woke up feeling good except for a brief slip up. I made my first cup of coffee, but darn forgot to put the cup under the spout! I was herding dogs and filling up water bowls!

Today I will do some of the things i didn't get done yesterday.

oh sad news - we had another covid death. A former classmates younger sister. She has 3 kids!