Daily Check In September 14, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check In September 14, 2021

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
just got up for the second time today...first time I was wide awake and sore so got up at 5 AM. Washed my hair, cleaned and did laundry...hung it outside at dawn. Hauled recyclables and then came home and collapsed on the couch for an hour after taking a tylenal. I feel much better now. :roll:

Yesterday durn near did me in, right after I posted i heard from DD2... furniture was happening last evening at 5 and of course she was not prepared...mama can you help???
So instead of doing floors I went to dads/dd2 and moved furniture, and ran the vacuum cleaner...threw in laundry as i was doing the rest. I got it done and was able to come home and rest for about an hour before the furniture showed up. That hour gave me time to move the kitchen table and chairs to storage in prep to receive the oak table and chairs from mom.
They did a great job of unloading, and placing her furniture and then loaded what was coming here and brought it and unloaded it .
I was glad i hadn't run the floor cleaner because it really needs it now!
Tonight I go back after Dd gets home. she has donations to haul and he also brought stuff that needs sorted.

We are making progress but i will confess I just do not have the stamina that I used to have.
I told my daughter she is banned from clothes and shoe shopping. She has way too much and she knows it. I think sorting it overwhelms her, thats where i come in...I will be her prod.

Off to get something else done and possibly another lay down.

JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:30 am
I did get to the pharmacy and gas station yesterday. It was a bit over $17 to fill up, as I let the tank get too low, a little under 3/4 of the way down. Usually fill up at the half down mark, having never gotten over Hurricane Katrina-induced gas crisis.
I'd be jumping for joy if I could fill up 3/4s of a tank of gas at $17. For me, I pay twice that for filling up at about 3/4s and then I don't even let it get that low; it's usually above the line by a bit. But then I also have an 18.5 gallon tank in my car.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Hope all of you are having a good day.

Things on the COVID front here are hopefully on the down slope. The parents have experienced light cases fortunately while the little boy has been fever free for almost 24 hours and we're hoping he stays that way. The fever has been low though after it peaked at the 103 mark. For the most part he, too, hasn't had it too bad and no issues with breathing with the exception of being a little congested; thank God. His coughs, too, have been dry.

I've been working on my website a bit and having fun with it again. I revised my Halloween and Thanksgiving segments and want to make some changes now to my Christmas segment.

I've signed up for my coloring group to start on Sept 20th. I'm concerned but I will take the necessary precautions and hope for the best.

Well going to go for now.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

Dogs walked and fed.

started a load of laundry last night and finished it this morning. Then did a 2nd load. everything that can be hung is hung, the rest in the dryer.

We have to leave shortly for DH's Dr appt, I don't like to leave the appliances on when we are gone, not that I unplug the toaster etc :roll:

IC
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Not much is new, I have repaired 2 masks one where the loop was too tight and the other where the loop came undone.

My dishes are done. I am trying to decide on what I want to have for dinner. I am thinking of hot dog and beans or fake crab and carrots.

I ended up with the fake crab and carrots.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I'm boiling eggs to make my weekly tuna salad.

I like to have it on hand for a quick snack.

cleaning my desk. Gets so dusty.

Going to dust the blinds too

Dusting day!!