iPhone/iPad/Mac Security Patch

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: iPhone/iPad/Mac Security Patch

Post by LogicsHere »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:41 pm My son makes a good living, helping to make Apple products easy to use.

Penny
Apple is WAY TOO OVERPRICED and buying one certainly won't break me. The problem is however that I can't justify the price for Apple products when I can get a product that works just or almost as well for 25% of its cost. Spending the extra for Apple goes against being frugal for me.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:29 am Apple is WAY TOO OVERPRICED and buying one certainly won't break me. The problem is however that I can't justify the price for Apple products when I can get a product that works just or almost as well for 25% of its cost. Spending the extra for Apple goes against being frugal for me.
That has been my stance, but I am a techie and know how to deal with the issues. Apple is more locked down and until recently has been more secure and therefore possibly a better choice for someone who is not tech savvy. These lawsuits against the Apple store may change that too. The Android store is wide open and many of the apps bring malware. Apple vets the apps more and since they were charging, they kept out much of the riff-raft.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:01 am That has been my stance, but I am a techie and know how to deal with the issues. Apple is more locked down and until recently has been more secure and therefore possibly a better choice for someone who is not tech savvy. These lawsuits against the Apple store may change that too. The Android store is wide open and many of the apps bring malware. Apple vets the apps more and since they were charging, they kept out much of the riff-raft.
I'm not really techie and am not much of an "app user" so I'm not as much afraid of malware. I also use good antivirus and anti-malware programs, but still have my system "cleaned" about every year and a half or so.

No, my issue with Apple is most definitely the price.