iPhone/iPad/Mac Security Patch

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

iPhone/iPad/Mac Security Patch

Post by floridacatlover »

Last night on the NYT home page there was a story that Apple has issued an emergency security patch. I installed the patch on my iPad and iPhone last night and will install it on my older iPad (if it needs it) today.

From what I understand, an Israeli company has software that can be installed on OS products without the user (us) clicking to download anything. The software can take control of your device - email, camera etc. For the most part, it seems the software is used by nefarious foreign actors for political purposes so I doubt any of us would be targeted but you never know. Maggie works with Microsoft products but maybe she knows if this software/patch is a big deal or not.

On my devices, the little number showing updates available did not appear but the update was there.

Go to Settings - General - Software Update
Grannysewstoys

Re: iPhone/iPad/Mac Security Patch

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I updated everything. My iPhone, my iPad, and my MacBook Air.

Penny
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Don't own anything Apple. Have enough issues with Microsoft.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:42 am Last night on the NYT home page there was a story that Apple has issued an emergency security patch. I installed the patch on my iPad and iPhone last night and will install it on my older iPad (if it needs it) today.

From what I understand, an Israeli company has software that can be installed on OS products without the user (us) clicking to download anything. The software can take control of your device - email, camera etc. For the most part, it seems the software is used by nefarious foreign actors for political purposes so I doubt any of us would be targeted but you never know. Maggie works with Microsoft products but maybe she knows if this software/patch is a big deal or not.

On my devices, the little number showing updates available did not appear but the update was there.

Go to Settings - General - Software Update
Absolutely right. I updated mine last night.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:13 am Don't own anything Apple. Have enough issues with Microsoft.
Everyone time someone encouraged my to buy and Mac I'd say that I have made a really good living providing support for Microsoft products over the years.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My son makes a good living, helping to make Apple products easy to use.

Penny