Daily Check in Sept 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in Sept 15, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

Got the back room mopped and dusted.

Cleaned out the fridge. Boy those back acre animals are happy

Whenever we put anything out there - it is gone fast.

We also have a big pan of water for them. Raccoons, possums, skunks, feral cats, maybe a dog or two? The back acre ends up to a "country" road - so it is pretty free out there

I think about wanting to move, and then wonder if I will miss not having anyone behind my house - just our wooded acre and some open fields.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I am again subbing today, and at the same place as Monday, and for the same teacher as last Wednesday. Lol, I'll also sub for him again next Wednesday. i'm grateful to have different students today than the ones I saw on Monday... although those kids certainly kept me from feeling bored.

Monday morning, in my hurry to get dressed after my shower, I jammed my toes against the bathroom door. I thought nothing of it until yesterday afternoon when I realized that my toes Really Hurt. A close examination showed that the 2nd toe in from the pinky toe, on my right foot, was dark pink, purple, and swollen. :( Also, the base of the toes from middle toe to pinky toe have dark purple dots, and are painful when I walk.

This morning, between that foot, my hips, and my chemo-damaged legs muscles & nerves, I was in A Lot of pain. I took a Tramadol, then 2 hours later some Ibuprofen, and that seemed to help the pain. After I arrived at the school this morning, my sinuses were throbbing so I added a couple of Tylenol to the mix. Do you know, though, I sure would LOVE to get back to where I take pain meds just once or twice a month??!! I really don't know if that will Ever happen. *sigh* Poor pitiful me.

Right now, I am realizing that my morning tea's caffeine has worn off leaving me feeling Exhausted. Oh well, there's less than an hour remaining of class. I'll munch on my celery sticks after class... munching raw veggies seems to help my mind wake up in the afternoons.

This afternoon, I have an appointment to get my first Covid shot. I'm going with the Moderna vaccine, now that my pharmacy finally has them back in stock. Plus, WOW! it is Almost 3 months since we all got sick from Covid.

I do not Sub tomorrow, and I'll need to work on washing my clothes... it's been too long since I got to do my laundry.

I was supposed to go to dneice's bridal shower on Saturday, but I have been feeling quite weak & very tired lately so I've opted to stay close to home... it would have been a 4-1/2 drive to oldest dsister's house, then the same distance home. I was going to stay at my cousin's house on Friday night so that it wasn't an out & back trip all in one day.

So.... I have decided to attend my monthly Fiber Guild meeting on Saturday, and a friend is giving me a ride. Yay!

Also, Saturday is Homecoming Dance, and I'm letting ds17 use my car for his date. Lol, the kids nowadays call it HOCO! :D

I need new dinner ideas. I have no idea of what to fix for meals lately.

I have just remembered that I did Not send out an email regarding Saturday's guild meeting so I'm going to try to get that done quickly now.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:23 pm Got the back room mopped and dusted.

Cleaned out the fridge. Boy those back acre animals are happy

Whenever we put anything out there - it is gone fast.

We also have a big pan of water for them. Raccoons, possums, skunks, feral cats, maybe a dog or two? The back acre ends up to a "country" road - so it is pretty free out there

I think about wanting to move, and then wonder if I will miss not having anyone behind my house - just our wooded acre and some open fields.
Your "back acre land sounds lovely.

One of the best parts of my yard is being able to look behind it at my neighbor's, usually empty, mule pasture, and the mountains beyond. (and my peach tree)

I grew up on a farm, with LOTS of "empty" fields around my parents' house, and many other fields beyond. I LOVE being surrounded by open spaces... we do not have that where we live, but I'm trying to be happy with what we do have. ;)
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

What a beautiful fall day we have today and it’s even more special as it’s DD2’s 29th birthday! I honestly don’t know where all the time has passed! We are ordering in her favourite food from a restaurant and she requested a strawberry shortbread cake from M. and M. Perfectly fine with me as then I get a break from cooking. It’s a never ending marathon of foo prepping as we all have different diets and we do try to eat as clean as possible. Dd2 is ver private so I will probably just send photos privately to family members. I do respect her wishes.

Dh and I were going to go for a drive today to visit a newly restored general store and tea house in a provincial park nearby, about 40 miles. But I checked and sadly they are closed today. The store overlooks a newly restored harbour and it’s a very picturesque drive. But we will just have to be patient and wait for another beautiful day. Dh doesn’t golf on Wednesday so it’s kind of our “ date” day, but honestly a lot of time just involves completing household projects together.

Dh was involved with a sleep clinic last night so he had to sleep there overnight. He doesn’t know his results yet but was vaguely told he did wake up several times during the night. He was all wired up and a technician oversaw two people at a time for the entire night. He often feels absolutely exhausted and he got up twice at the sleep clinic to urinate even though he had nothing to drink ( including water) after 3 pm. He wonders where it’s coming from. An ultrasound of his urinary tract system is next on the agenda. So actually today he was quite tired but we ended up being able to dispose of those apples and had a little drive.

The Organizing Masterclass is so much more worthwhile than the one I took part in for Home Design. I have really been enjoying it, and even though I consider myself quite well organized, am still learning new strategies. It’s a much warmer, accepting community too.

Nice to see you back Gayle. Please don’t overdo and take care of that foot. Good luck with the vaccine.

Have a wonderful evening,
Creative
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

I cooked and took food down to dads/DD2's so we could have a decent meal after doing some more work. DD2 is not a self-starter...i thinks she gets overwhelmed and then just doesn't do anything so I am the "prod".
We didn't get crazy but we got quite a bit done. I brought the last 3 dining chairs and my oak music chest home. The last thing that needs to come here is a cedar lined blanket chest that has been mine for my whole life....I cannot lift it by myself and it needs to go upstairs sooooo it will get moved when she gets another load of her stuff from her ex. He will bring it to my house and help get it upstairs

We worked, and then I prepared supper which consisted of rewarming roast pork, making instant red smashed potatoes (Idahoan) and tossed salad. And peach pie for later...
While she worked on the last sorting of clothes, i set the table and we ate like adults instead of just grab and go...LOL

having to do all of this is actually good for me also...it is forcing me to make decisions on my parents things, and I am finally able to separate from stuff that needs to go.

Hot bath and bed...
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:47 pm JCKitty

Chewy is so convenient. The only issue I have is what do I do with all those boxes?

Think might start composting again. We don't have recycling here.
speaking of boxes, as I'm returning things to Amazon through UPS, no boxes !!! Just bring the items and the go-back code.

LOL sometimes the stuff that I order from Walmart are just dropped on the porch, no box, no bag :lol: :lol:

IC