Daily Check in Sept 15, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Sept 15, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Well, that nice drop in campus Covid cases did not last. Yesterday we went from two in isolation rooms, with one of them to get out today, to five new ones, two more who were staying in their bedrooms in their dorm apartments, and I lost count of how many were diagnosed and just went home.

So we're in another surge. Man, this gets old. Yet we keep having a weekly staff meeting in person, at which today three people were coughing and sniffling and one of them kept taking his mask off. (rolls eyes hard) Of course, this is the county where vaccinations are down 28 percent this week and deaths are up 78 percent. Nothing like learning it the hard way.

Otherwise, it's an okay day. I have to meet Homeless Buddy in a bit to help him out with a new bus pass. DH is actually working outside the house today, so the dogs will be alone for the first time in two years during the day. I'm not sure how they'll take that. Actually, they'll probably sleep most of the day. And maybe use their potty pads instead of the new rugs, I hope.

We may get some rain, as it's overcast and cooler than yesterday. Yesterday was downright unpleasant in that sickly September heat way. I'm ready for some crisp fall weather.

Hope you all have a nice, peaceful day. And maybe some chocolate!
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Bit of an update

I picked all the jalapenos and what remained decent in the cucumber patch. I have also started dehydrating what remains of my herbs (they will be pulled out today, though I have to chop at the root systems).

Now moving on to getting the floors swept and mopped. I did do my regular Wednesday dusting.

Hubby is digging potatoes and after a wonderful start late last month and earlier this month it looks as if the pickings are once again slim this year. I will however know more after the entire 2 rows are dug up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning

What a restless night. Up and down almost every hour. I did manage to fall asleep at maybe 6am? Slept until 9:30. Did the dog chores. Took a nice long hot shower and feel better.

It is overcast outside and kind of cool. Fall is almost here.

I will have to mop the back room today. I was going to do it yesterday, but I got lazy. :mrgreen:

So let us get this day started!!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from mom’s house and out of the shower. I did a good amount of trimming in the front and on the side. The rain gauge was full, 5 inches. Most of that was from last night I think.

When I drove into our complex, I saw people working on the carport dividers for one of the townhouses. This was supposed to be done when the houses were painted back in April but there was a delay. Right now the dividers are wooden lattices. I’m not exactly sure what the new dividers will be but they are supposed to be “updates.”

Jackie, Yes Im loving The Killing. If I lived in a cold climate I might buy her sweater.😂 (The arm of the sweater was torn badly in an early episode but now it is OK. Talk about wearing a favorite item over and over and over!)
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I finally got some good sleep last night, I was absolutely exhausted and went to bed at 9 PM. Slept in a bit and feel so much better.
We got a really good rain last night, it rained long and hard...my grass already looks greener. Thankfully we did not get high winds.
I ended up getting a small pork roast out of the freezer to thaw last night, and a large bag of peaches. I have a peach pie baked and have the pork roast seasoned and in the roaster.
DD and I loaded the donations last night and I added mine this AM and have already taken them to the Emmaus ....I passed their food pantry on the way...the people in cars waiting to pick up were lined up clear to the other street and their lot was full.
They have stopped picking up donations at your home as they are using their trucks to pick up food 6 days a week now.

Mackie, I feel bad for you being all mixed up in all of that. DD2's office has finally gone back to all masked at all times.
I am going to look into Chewy, I have resisted it and have been buying pet stuff here in town but am becoming increasingly leery of stores and people. They have signs that say if vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask, but people are taking advantage....
The weather is really nice today, not too hot but the sun is shining.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

JCKitty

Chewy is so convenient. The only issue I have is what do I do with all those boxes?

Think might start composting again. We don't have recycling here.