Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning!
Mackie
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

I am surprised to be the first one here. However, for once I'm having a quiet few moments at work.

I slightly overslept this morning and wound up bringing my cereal and coffee with me, so this was a true "coffee break." :-D No meetings today, so maybe this will be a less hectic day.

DH said the dogs did well on their own in the house all day yesterday. DS came home for lunch and fed them their main meal of the day. They were extremely glad to see me and came bounding into the garage to try to jump into the car when I came home from work. Such love, such happiness!

Yesterday after CVS cancelled my flu shot appointment for the third time with no explanation, I made an appointment at Walgreen's after work and discovered they could not process my health insurance to pay for it. It's $44 and some change there out of pocket. Their system suggested I go to my doctor's office to get it, but my doctor's office is not allotted flu vaccine and can't give the shots. So having struck out a fourth time, I came home in a foul mood and DH reminded me that we went through this last year, which is why we wound up going to Walmart to get our shots.

And health officials wonder why people aren't getting their flu shots? Gee . . .

Hope you all have a lovely, peaceful day.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Mackie, that is odd about the health insurance and flu shots. Maybe call your insurer. I get the over 65 high-dose shot and I noticed on the Publix receipt it said “your insurance saved you $90.” Yikes, for a flu shot!

I am going to yet another birthday lunch today. Next week I have one more birthday event going to the new museum and after that I’m going to try to limit my social activities. My good friend who I’ll see at the museum next week is going to a family wedding in Maggie’s area the weekend after the museum. I’m glad that I’ll be seeing her before the wedding gathering because to me that wedding sounds risky.

The people putting in the new carport dividers finished half of mine yesterday. I haven’t heard them out there today but I left my car in a visitor spot in case they started work early. It looks nice so far, wide slats rather than the old lattice. There is no cost to us.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning everyone.

It's nice here right now, but will be getting more cloudy towards late afternoon as we're expecting rain. At least the temperature is comfortable and I won't have to fight with my sister over it being too cold at 78 degrees.

I signed up for my coloring group which will be starting this coming Monday. Can't say that I'm not a bit afraid, but getting out for a while is going to be a good thing.

Today I will be working on updating the Christmas segment of my website as well as looking for some coloring pages that I can pre-organize the pencils and coloring samples so that I don't have to carry everything along with me all the time.

Well have a fun day all.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in a bit this morning, but I did stay up a bit later reading last night so I will call it even. I did wake up to puddles on the ground so overnight we did get a bit of rain and a drop in temperature.

Hubby got all the potatoes in yesterday, and since they were brand new and I had cream the menu for supper last night got changed a tiny bit. I warmed up the chicken in the microwave and served it with the creamed potatoes and cucumber spears. Hit the spot nicely.

I am now almost caught up in my household tasks, I have just one leftover task to complete and I will be happy. However knowing me I will be adding to todays list as I seem to be thinking of other things I can get done as well.

I went through the second bag of clothing and found a few more cottons to cut up last night. I think I may have enough without resorting to adding knit material to the mix. Today I start to cut in useable squares. I also hope to get my own quilt top at least sandwiched at some point today.

I tossed three plants yesterday and one that really wasn't going anywhere (never did really grow) and now will have to wait until next week to do more. I think I will pull plants next week from the big planters and cut down and dip up the glad bulbs I want to keep at the same time. But that is a task for next week along with probably picking tomatoes, peppers and eggplant.

I am enjoying the new season of Vera. I had forgotten that each episode is as long as a movie so things are moving slowly along.

Supper tonight was supposed to be ribs, but I forgot to get them out last night so they could be put in the slow cooker, guess that will be Saturday's meal instead. So forgetful person will be making Potato and Leek soup for our meal tonight (should be enough leftover for another meal later on or for about a weeks lunches ;) ).

Today I am grateful that the rain has ceased and I can go out for my morning walkabout.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

New potatoes with cream ... yum!

FloridaCat, your mention of Publix made me look into their pharmacy, and I have an appointment there for tomorrow morning. I'll just take my lunch break early and get something nice from their deli cold foods counter for my lunch after getting the shot.

I had a voice mail message from the Walgreen's pharmacy on my phone, but every time I called back and was on hold with the pharmacy, the system dropped my call. This is making the pessimistic side of my nature growl.
Mackie