Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Beverley

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

Post by Beverley »

Good evening frugals,
I have been MIA the past couple of weeks because I have been working at a preschool. It all started when I got e-mails for two days from the school district office clamoring for para educators. I have not done any para work for a couple of years, But since one of the openings listed is at the school I have been working at I talked to the pre-school ladies and let them know I cold help. I am finisning up my second week. I will know tomorrow if I go back next week. I have definitely gotten the workout chasing 3-4 year olds for 3 hours. I have to get up at dark o clock since the job starts at 7:45. It's been five days a week so I have suspended yard duty work for the time being. I get off my shift at 10:45. In spite of getting up early I really like working the morning shift as it is less hot. With 24 kids and three adults in one room it gets quite warm in there.

This is supposed to be a temporary assignment but have not heard when it will end. I am enjoying this job so I will keep showing up until I am not needed anymore. I don't think I could keep up the pace indefinitely so hopefully they will get a permanent para soon.

After my preschool gig ends I am not sure what I will do. Probably take a break for a couple of weeks and scroll down the job list to see what is out there. After my co-worker told me what daycare costs I can see why these and other low paying jobs are not being snapped up. Who can afford it? Rather than handing out money our government should direct those funds toward providing child care subsidies so everyone can work. Jobs need to be filled!

Things seem to be in a holding pattern in our state now that the recall election is over. Governor Newsom has only about a year left of his first term (why this recall election was so stupid in the first place) and I'm sure he wants to be re-elected for a second term so it remains to be seen what will happen with respect to covid. Preschool is probably the last place I need to be (with the three of us adults vaccinated and all 24 kids unvaccinated). So yeah I'm crazy but having some fun and getting an awesome workout.

Well off the jump in the shower and then watch Star Trek.

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Wolf I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I have finished posting pictures of our little getaway on my blog over the last couple of days if anyone is interested.

Started cutting those fabric pieces into useable squares for the quilt for my friend.

Still watching Vera and enjoying it a great deal. I really have a great many seasons to catch up on and since each is 1 1/2 hours or more this could take awhile.

Off to do some knitting before I soak in the tub.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/