Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...

Sunny and in the 60s right now; supposed to be in the low 80s.

I admit to being a bit rattled. Got a call yesterday: the mammogram picked up a small mass. So I have to have a diagnostic mammogram next week. Very glad this health system has online access for patients — I was able to see the radiology report and get details. I tend to worry about the "what ifs," so I keep reminding myself to take this one step at a time.

Anyway, trying to keep busy. On a decluttering note, got rid of some old patio curtains. Too bad, but the backing is peeling. Also need to pop over to Aldi for a few things, more work on DH's new face mask (and perhaps another sewing task).

Mackie, hope Publix can get it straight about the flu shots. Maybe your insurer gave the wrong code to the other pharmacies?
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT (((HUGS))) Praying it turns out to be harmless. Thank goodness you are good about having mammograms, hon.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Think I slept much better last night. Didn't get up every hour at least.

Popped out of bed at 8 - the pack went out and are asleep again. What a life.

Even though I slept well, I am dragging. Maybe slept too much. No big tasks scheduled - just a few things I have to finish up.

At least the weather is nice and cool this morning. Yesterday evening I even felt chilly breezes coming through. Summer is almost over!

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have emptied the dishwasher and part of the dish drainer. I called the office to find out more about my tub to shower conversion timeline. I am glad I did as she had forgotten to call them.

I need to know. I also need to find out how long a shower curtain I will need. I know it is longer than 72 but Beverly didn’t know. I may ask her if I could measure hers. I will ask on Friday. I can’t use it for 24 hours after they finish after the install.

I mixed things up for breakfast, I actually fixed fried eggs for breakfast. I do want to bake some muffins today.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:56 am Good morning ...

Sunny and in the 60s right now; supposed to be in the low 80s.

I admit to being a bit rattled. Got a call yesterday: the mammogram picked up a small mass. So I have to have a diagnostic mammogram next week. Very glad this health system has online access for patients — I was able to see the radiology report and get details. I tend to worry about the "what ifs," so I keep reminding myself to take this one step at a time.

Anyway, trying to keep busy. On a decluttering note, got rid of some old patio curtains. Too bad, but the backing is peeling. Also need to pop over to Aldi for a few things, more work on DH's new face mask (and perhaps another sewing task).

Mackie, hope Publix can get it straight about the flu shots. Maybe your insurer gave the wrong code to the other pharmacies?
I hope it is nothing, LWolfT (((Hugs))) The waiting and thinking are the worst part.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:51 am New potatoes with cream ... yum!

FloridaCat, your mention of Publix made me look into their pharmacy, and I have an appointment there for tomorrow morning. I'll just take my lunch break early and get something nice from their deli cold foods counter for my lunch after getting the shot.

I had a voice mail message from the Walgreen's pharmacy on my phone, but every time I called back and was on hold with the pharmacy, the system dropped my call. This is making the pessimistic side of my nature growl.
I hope that the Publix Pharmacy works out for you. In my area, they are good at checking insurance and, before I had Medicare, always checked on discount coupons.

I’m a Publix girl but I’ll admit their deli is expensive.