Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 16, 2021

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:21 am I have emptied the dishwasher and part of the dish drainer. I called the office to find out more about my tub to shower conversion timeline. I am glad I did as she had forgotten to call them.

I need to know. I also need to find out how long a shower curtain I will need. I know it is longer than 72 but Beverly didn’t know. I may ask her if I could measure hers. I will ask on Friday. I can’t use it for 24 hours after they finish after the install.

I mixed things up for breakfast, I actually fixed fried eggs for breakfast. I do want to bake some muffins today.

Penny
That is so good that you will get a tub to shower conversion, Penny. I was always thankful that mom had a shower instead of a tub in the bathroom attached to her bedroom. I wish I had a shower instead of a tub at my townhouse.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
Just now getting a chance to check in, have been up since too early o'clock but once again just could not sleep. Tonight I may take a 1/2 of a children's benadryl. I really don't like doing that because they sometimes make me groggy in the AM.

I made a trip to the donation center and then stopped at Big Lots for totes...OMG those things have really gone up in price. I also picked up a shower curtain liner for DD as hers is toast!

I delivered the goods and tried to get her crusty old dog to go out...he would not...so I put out some puppy pads and let her know via text ....she knows how he is LOL.

While I was there I took dads entertainment center apart and moved it out onto the back deck for removal and placed hers and hooked everything but the DVD player up. What a mess of wires dad had going on, out of sight out of mind LOL.

She is going to be shocked when she gets home, she wanted it done but like I have said before she is not a self starter and gets overwhelmed. and I am a get " er " done prod....

My house chores are done, thawing ground beef for hamburger steaks and salad tonight when we get our job for the evening done...emptying a china cabinet , moving it and reinstalling the china, or not...might pack the china away and she will use it for something of hers. I would really like to sell the china cabinet, it is beautiful but I have no use for it and it does not suit her. Hopefully I will eventually find a buyer.

Well need to find something to eat for a late lunch,
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I popped out at 1:30 to the imaging center up the road for the annual mammogram. I started going to this place just because it's convenient. But I honestly think the tech today used to operate a drill press.

Word has it that the center in the public hospital is way better, but with Covid rampant, going into a hospital does not seem like a good idea. I get antsy enough sitting in any medical facility.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:56 am Good morning ...

Sunny and in the 60s right now; supposed to be in the low 80s.

I admit to being a bit rattled. Got a call yesterday: the mammogram picked up a small mass. So I have to have a diagnostic mammogram next week. Very glad this health system has online access for patients — I was able to see the radiology report and get details. I tend to worry about the "what ifs," so I keep reminding myself to take this one step at a time.

Anyway, trying to keep busy. On a decluttering note, got rid of some old patio curtains. Too bad, but the backing is peeling. Also need to pop over to Aldi for a few things, more work on DH's new face mask (and perhaps another sewing task).

Mackie, hope Publix can get it straight about the flu shots. Maybe your insurer gave the wrong code to the other pharmacies?
Wonderful thoughts and prayers coming your way, you are being pulled for.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good afternoon,

DH and I met our friends for our monthly lunch, we have all had our jabs and we ate on a patio in the restaurant.

one load of laundry done, things that can be hung are hung a few things in the dryer.

Saw MIL yesterday, SIL gave her a small bit of morphine when MIL said that she was in pain.

Nothing going on here (very thankful for that :D )

dog fur is everywhere, I use a rubber brush, a carpet sweeper, and the vacuum, then I "look away" and fur is everywhere again, Oh well.

It's my Bday next month, I'm planning to buy a camera for myself :D

Have a great day

IC
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:
Thinking good thoughts and sending prayers for you Wolf...

Home from DD's, we put in some good work and she is really excited about how things are turning out.
It is really coming together, looking good and she seems so much happier to have things of her own.

I packed away the china from the china cabinet, she wants some of her antique/vintage tins displayed in it so she sorted tins and arranged them. It looks nice.

I made hamburger steaks and a large salad with toppings for supper. After supper and cleaning up the kitchen, we hauled more donations to the garage , I will take them to the donation center next week as I want to stay home tomorrow and get house chores done and then we are having a girls night tomorrow night.

Taking a hot bath/soak with epson salts, getting into some co.sy jammies and watching mindless TV tonight.
I am not going to my aunts funeral tomorrow, they are anti-vaxxers and I sent my condolences and regrets.
The brother called and said he has been exposed so he isn't going either....

JCKitty