'Daily Check In September 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: 'Daily Check In September 17, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Update
Picked ripe tomatoes and I think I have enough to make another batch of salsa. Lots of green tomatoes out there still.

Finished cutting the clothes up for the day. My wrist was giving out and I did not want to take the chance of cutting my self with the rotary cutter. I might cut up the curtains my friend brought from her Dad's bedroom to add a bit of colour and interest tonight. I do want to start pinning and sewing on Sunday or Monday as I want this quilt done by the end of the month.

Supper is started so I better go and watch over it as well as mix up the glace dough.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne nuit toute le monde!

My house declutter, Angela, is AMAZING!! She really just wants me to sit out of the way. She holds something up and says, "What about this? Stay, go or toss?" It's been great for me and my back. I get a bit of "homework" like looking through all my accumulated mail and tossing out what isn't needed. She is absolutely amazing. She got a slew of stuff out of here and she packs it all up for donating too. I did my mail homework but even that TEENY bit of bendy twisty, taking it out of a box, assessing it and keeping it or tossing it into a garbage bag was enough that Friday I begged off because I just hurt too bad. A big day for Tylenol on Friday.

I do have my assignments for the weekend though and they will help turn things around here. I wish you ALL could have an Angela. I am promoting her to all of my friends. She is just a truly amazing woman. She took care of me after my spinal cord injury and subsequent surgery, changing bandages and tidying up my digs. I recommended her to my senior friend, Don, and what an amazing turn around for his mental health to have her whip his house into shape each week! He had severe diabetes and hand problems so cleaning wasn't easy for him, same as me. She is a single Mom with 4-kids, two still in school, one just graduated and her oldest (20) was diagnosed with MS this spring after he went blind in one eye and lost all his function on his left side. Despite all of that? She is caring for a woman with cancer and taking her to Doctors' appointments and caring for her diabetic foot wound with bandaging and listening to what the doctor tells her friend (senior) so that things don't get forgotten. Last week, before coming here, she baked herself silly and made over 100 DOZEN perogies for a bake sale to make money for her kids Christmas presents. Amazing. AND on top of all of that, she is helping this mangy rat to get her apartment and digs back into order. She truly is an angel of God. I REALLY wish you could meet her or have your own double of her! :)

This weekend I am going to make my Wiener Dog ornament and such shelf. I love Dachshunds and have quite a bit of assorted ephemera. They make me smile! I follow a ton of wiener dog pages on FB and on Twitter. I have gotten some nice photos from some of the FB people. I am going to get little frames that will stand on the shelf for the latest which is a photo of Woody and his sister, Hazel Marie.

I'm supposed to be going to the clinic for a refill prescription on my thyroid med. YUCK! It's not happening. I just do not want to make an appointment, get a ride if one is needed. Then? Our clinic doesn't have a lab so you have to find a lab that takes my clinic's patients AND get a ride. Then you need to make another doctor's appointment, get another ride to get the clinic results and THEN another ride home and/or to the pharmacy. It's just not worth it. I'll go if I get something else and get it covered at the same time. I've already had the lecture from my pharmacist but my dose wasn't very high. She said I'd feel fatigued. What's new with that?! :shock:

Tomorrow, I have big plans to do some baking of muffins and putting them in the freezer. I had to go to the store for Coffee Creamer, Miracle Whip, a couple of Red Onions and Milk. I saw they had Maraschino Cherries on sale and got a jar as my favorite muffins are Poppy Seed Maraschino Muffins (or loaf if you want). I plan on making some of those and Zucchini and Saskatoon muffins too. While I'm on a roll anyhoo. I need to put bread in the machine again tomorrow too.

It's supposed to be a very nice day here tomorrow. That will help me stay energized. Tonight I have to unload the dishwasher. I may do my wiener dog shelf tonight too. It won't take long after I find the Mojo.

Wolf,
I am sorry to hear you got scary results from your mammogram. It's a good thing you had it done and they caught whatever before anything happens. I'm sure your Doc will have all the information for you. I'm saying prayers that you'll have good results and the scariness stops.

I'm not sure what supper tonight will be, either eggs and bacon or mac&cheese. I'm kinda leaning towards the eggs and bacon.

That's the skinny from around here! Sorry it's long, I was dinkin' around the house for the other days this week and going to bed earlier so I would be able to work with Angela in the morning.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Thank you for the kind words, MJ ....

And I wish I had Angela at my house!!!
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good morning!
Five days of three hour shifts at the preschool under my belt and will be doing the same next week. 15 hours a week of walking, bending stooping, etc. I'll take it! I was so sore the first week but now I am finding myself feeling better. I am taking care to not allow fatigue to rear its unpleasant company. I am enjoying the kids and will keep returning as long as they ask me to. Even though it is a struggle to get up at dark o clock and to get moving I love finishiing at 10:45 and having the rest of the day ahead of me. I can be home under the fam and a/c the rest of the day.

Right now I have Dexter (my latest and third robo-vac) running through the main parts of the house. Later I will have Dilbert clean the master bedroom and bath and have Rhonda clean the other two bedrooms and the garage. These robo-vacs are worth their weight in gold. I can do other house keeping chores while the floor are being vacuumed. I find If I can devote 1-2 hours a day during the week to home upkeep that it all gets done and it allows me some screen time (including TV).

I am still doing surveys but only on those sites that are worth my while. I don't do surveys for free as a couple of sites expect from me. I need to unsubscribe from those. A few short screenouts are ok but when it happens consistently on a site then its time for the site to go.

I am still waiting for the fall season to settle. Mocktober will be arriving soon and that is the worst teaser month of all. We are in the teaser phase meaning we are provided short glimpses of autumn but then it's back to the 90's. Not as bad as triple digits but still hot. I wouldn't mind so much if my work wasn't so hot. Our biggest teaser so far is there was rain forecast this weekend. Now it's looking less likely although it has been overcast this morning.

Well I better go before this post get eaten up. Have a good day!

Bev