'Daily Check In September 17, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

'Daily Check In September 17, 2021

Post by Jackielou »

Getting coffee. Back soon
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Re: 'Daily Check In September 17, 2021

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have done everything in the bathroom to get ready for the conversion. My bath towel is drying in the kitchen. I will go in the laundry when dry.

I feel as if I have worked all day. But the curtain is down so is everything I needed to remove from the shower.

I heard on the news this morning I will be getting a 6% COLA increase in my social security.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I think I have developed a new wake up time. This will be hard to get used to as for years I have risen at 6 am. While it is only an hour longer it almost seems like most of the morning has gone and my early morning walk is now going to take place later. It was so quiet walking at 7.... Not so quiet walking at 8 I have found.

Hubby got the new skirting on the jetted tub yesterday. It looks a bit strange, but really very nice. I think we should have painted the baseboard burgundy though to match the rest. Something to think about.

Not much happening today. I think I might just pick tomatoes at some point this morning, and change the bed clothes. Other than that just regular Friday tasks around the house.

I did make a start at cutting the clothing fabric up into useable squares yesterday and managed to get about 1/4 of it done. I hope to get even more done on it today. I think I have a plan on how to set this up. Thank heavens she only wants a lap quilt. Those are quickly made and easily quilted on my machine.

The only other thing I plan on doing is phoning the repair guy to see if he has forgotten about us.

So an easy peasy day on the old homestead.

Supper tonight is going to be glace and eggs, though if my oven is fixed today well some baked fish fillets would be great as well. Probably stick with the glace though as who knows what will happen today. Plus I will remember to take out the ribs for tomorrows meal.

Today I am grateful for our Keurig as the other drip machine bit the dust yesterday morning...It isn't even that old, but I can not find the receipt so I can return it.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. It looks like it's going to rain again today. The ferns around our front door have been loving this summer.

I'm having my little coffee break at the front desk, as it's calm right now. I was a few minutes late this morning due to being stuck in traffic behind a public works truck that kept stopping to let out workers to sweep off the storm drains. This was on a section of road that floods with heavy storms, which made me wonder if they knew something about the coming weather.

I have no training to do and no meetings to attend today. May not know what to do with myself. :-D

Good Lord willing, I plan to spend the weekend doing just basic chores and the shopping. DH needs for me to buzz his hair with the clippers. Other than that, I want to rest a lot. Got a new book to read and I'm looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a peaceful day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all!!

Nice bright sunny day. Might not be as cool as yesterday. Now a high of 92 might not sound cool to some of you, but so much better than 99.

I slept well, but so many weird dreams - :shock:

Got up at 8. The pack went out and did their thing. We are all relaxing now. I've had one cup of coffee and thinking of having a second. Also thinking of lunch.

Would normally go out to lunch with the group, but some of them are out and about too much - not comfortable with that. Maybe next week.

Have a great day all
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

itspennyc wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:05 am I have done everything in the bathroom to get ready for the conversion. My bath towel is drying in the kitchen. I will go in the laundry when dry.

I feel as if I have worked all day. But the curtain is down so is everything I needed to remove from the shower.

I heard on the news this morning I will be getting a 6% COLA increase in my social security.

Penny
Penny, exact % of COLA has not been announced yet. The numbers for this month still have to be computed and calculated into the formula. The exact amount is typically announced Around Oct 15. Estimates in the last 2 months has been 5.9 to as high as 6.3.